Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
hello again,
I going to buy this nvme SSD :

View attachment 483702

my plan is to put it to the second M.2 slot at z390i motherboard (at the back), and gonna install another Hackintosh SMBIOS/profile/ Big Sur in it or for make bootable backup for this my current hack.
or maybe im gonna install windows on it not really sure.

my friend trying to sell this SSD to me at cheaper price, i cannot resist thinking about the possibilty:(
p.s = am aware if you fillup the two m.2 slot on z390i MB , some SATA ports will be disabled.

my question is :
1. has anyone tried that SSD in this modmike build?
2. is it okay (not prone to error) to fill up two m.2 slot on z390i motherboard?

thx before
I used both slots many times, never that brand but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with either Windows or BS.

Motherboard
ASUS Z390-I
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700xt nitro+
Yes, I think the Clover/ACPI/patched entry SSDT-VEGA-64.aml in that EFI is causing that. You can use your USB boot drive and delete that entry and safely see if it makes a difference. Might have to clear the NVRAM too. You must have added the agdpmod=pikera boot argument to his config.plist right to allow your 5700XT card to work?View attachment 483746
okey, this weekend im gonna try deleted Clover/ACPI/patched entry SSDT-VEGA-64.aml from usb. so to make it clear:
1. Boot From usb installer
2. delete the Clover/ACPI/patched entry SSDT-VEGA-64.aml from that usb EFI
3. restart
4. boot again from usb installer
5. see whats what?

btw this currently Geekbench score, with 5700xt reads as vega 64 at macOS :

metal 5700xt.png

open CL 5700xt.png

looks fine to my eyes, isn't it?

and yes, i added agdpmod=pikera with clover configurator along with put new SN for imac19,1 smbios ( i come from imacpro1,1.. because Radeon VII)

speaking of radeon vii, im never had any audio drop, glitches or system suddenly restarted it slef with this 5700xt. and im pushing it hard, Logic + LoopBack audio + fcpx + OBS + facetime/discord/zoom call and whatnot.

so if any of you have a problem with your hack, maybe you that's Radeon VII for ya.
(note: @pastrychef Radeon VII doing just fine based on his story)

I used both slots many times, never that brand but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with either Windows or BS.
Noted, thx for the info.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
okey, this weekend im gonna try deleted Clover/ACPI/patched entry SSDT-VEGA-64.aml from usb. so to make it clear:
1. Boot From usb installer
2. delete the Clover/ACPI/patched entry SSDT-VEGA-64.aml from that usb EFI
3. restart
4. boot again from usb installer
5. see whats what?

btw this currently Geekbench score, with 5700xt reads as vega 64 at macOS :

View attachment 483851

View attachment 483853

looks fine to my eyes, isn't it?

and yes, i added agdpmod=pikera with clover configurator along with put new SN for imac19,1 smbios ( i come from imacpro1,1.. because Radeon VII)

speaking of radeon vii, im never had any audio drop, glitches or system suddenly restarted it slef with this 5700xt. and im pushing it hard, Logic + LoopBack audio + fcpx + OBS + facetime/discord/zoom call and whatnot.

so if any of you have a problem with your hack, maybe you that's Radeon VII for ya.
(note: @pastrychef Radeon VII doing just fine based on his story)

Noted, thx for the info.
You probably want to ready the section on the first page under the “Spoiler” Free 35% Performance Bump. It talks about the SSDT and why it’s there

Motherboard
DX58sO
CPU
990x
Graphics
2x GTS 250
I am using the OpenCore EFI.

Only the USB 3.1 ports seem to work.

Is there something missing in my EFI folder?

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
I am using the OpenCore EFI.

Only the USB 3.1 ports seem to work.

Is there something missing in my EFI folder?
I didn't go in too deep but the ACPI section, Kexts and what's called for in the config.plist looks pretty good. Maybe try using Hackintool and identifying the ports you want to use, keeping the total amount under 15 (each USB3 requires two) and use the UIAC-SSDT.aml it generates instead. I can link to the how to if you like, what I have been using is attached, it doesn't have any of the wireless/bluetooth kexts but you weren't loading this anyway. OC6.0

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Acer s3 (Chimera)
CPU
Intel Core i3-2367m / C210 Series
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (1366x768)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey, had an error in the kexts, this is probably going to work better for you.
Thank you for this! USB ports now work except for the Front Panel USB. I guess I need to do some mappings right?

Also another question, I have another build using this combo also using Clover. Would transition to OpenCore be as easy as replacing the EFI folder?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Thank you for this! USB ports now work except for the Front Panel USB. I guess I need to do some mappings right?

Also another question, I have another build using this combo also using Clover. Would transition to OpenCore be as easy as replacing the EFI folder?
Yes to your first question, you may need to disable other ports to get those working, as long as the total of all ports do not exceed 15 (USB3 and C take two each). https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Moving to OC is that easy although you may want to sign out of iCloud first and then use your USB boot drive with OC on it to be sure there are no issues.

Motherboard
Asus Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 4Gb
Unfortunately, GPU don't work with video encoding.
Maybe someone knows how to enable it on iMac smbios?
with MacPro smbios we will have an issue with CPU since MacPro have Xeons. right?
Снимок экрана 2020-08-18 в 10.42.38.png

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Unfortunately, GPU don't work with video encoding.
Maybe someone knows how to enable it on iMac smbios?
with MacPro smbios we will have an issue with CPU since MacPro have Xeons. right?
View attachment 484728
I don't know much about this but in looking into something else found that CPU Video Encoding is recommended for quality and GPU for speed but lesser quality. In trying to answer your question I found this but wonder if the program you are using to encode also makes a difference.