Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Open core 6.2. Fully working with catalina 10.15.7.
i read the big sur guide and maybe it could come from the need to force fakesmc use but it seems it is needed in the middle of the installation and mine crash since the beginning
I can't say, I've got Big Sur going on a seperate drive same configuration for Catalina. Different set up though.

I can't say, I've got Big Sur going on a seperate drive same configuration for Catalina. Different set up though.
If you have the same mobo it is very weird. I don t think the issue is coming from my coffee lake cpu.
rx580 seems to have no issue neither so if it works for you it should work for me

If you have the same mobo it is very weird. I don t think the issue is coming from my coffee lake cpu.
rx580 seems to have no issue neither so if it works for you it should work for me
I don’t anymore. I’m using a Z490 board now.

This was very helpful! Will there be an update for the new OS that will be releasing?

Hello! Can somebody tell me what is currently the best RAM choice for this mobo? Still G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200? or is there something faster available?

T
Hello! Can somebody tell me what is currently the best RAM choice for this mobo? Still G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200? or is there something faster available?
There are resources you can take advantage of to help you decide, NewEgg Pc Builder is one. Corsair and Kensington both have tools as well. The main thing is make sure you have low latency, the overall MHZ won't help much if the latency is high. Attached is the New Egg page showing choices for just the brand you are asking about. Seems like a good choice.

Have you thought about the Z490 I gaming board instead?

Attachments

• GSkill.png
    GSkill.png
    829.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I just updated to Clover 5124 from 5122 and after that, I cannot boot.
Previously I had no (bigger) issues. I've regularly updated the kexts and I have made no further changes.

I’m getting the following error

Attachments

• 9FE794AB-DFBB-4D8D-ACDA-A5FFD5E358A1.jpeg
    9FE794AB-DFBB-4D8D-ACDA-A5FFD5E358A1.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 39
  • config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back