Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Yes that's where I started before replying to this thread, but unfortunately I haven't had any success. Did you resolve the issue??
Yes, forever ago but using OpenCore. Did you try updating the version of Clover? ModMike's EFIs haven't been updated for quite a while and that might do it. If not there is a way to bypass the bios "Safe Mode" screen listed in one of the posts I linked in the search.

Attachments

• EFI-iDrakus No 5700XT.zip
    26.8 MB · Views: 50
  • EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Yes, forever ago but using OpenCore. Did you try updating the version of Clover? ModMike's EFIs haven't been updated for quite a while and that might do it. If not there is a way to bypass the bios "Safe Mode" screen listed in one of the posts I linked in the search.

Thank you a bunch! I’ll give this a try. If this doesn’t work out, I hope I can find an easy installation guide for OC newbies

Thank you a bunch! I’ll give this a try. If this doesn’t work out, I hope I can find an easy installation guide for OC newbies
I’m not sure there is a better guide than below. FYI, the EFI folder I uploaded using OpenCore just neds to be copied and pasted in place of the Clover version. You can just rename the clover version on your usb boot drive to EFIclover and it won’t be recognized and should boot the OC version instead. Use your USB drive to test any changes first before you copy anything to,your hard drive, safer.

:(
I’m not sure there is a better guide than below. FYI, the EFI folder I uploaded using OpenCore just neds to be copied and pasted in place of the Clover version. You can just rename the clover version on your usb boot drive to EFIclover and it won’t be recognized and should boot the OC version instead. Use your USB drive to test any changes first before you copy anything to,your hard drive, safer.

wow that is easy! lol thank you. I'm going to do a fresh installation of Catalina and will copy your OC EFI. I was having random reboot issue with clover too. I'm highly optimistic OC will run smoothly.:clap::clap:

:(

wow that is easy! lol thank you. I'm going to do a fresh installation of Catalina and will copy your OC EFI. I was having random reboot issue with clover too. I'm highly optimistic OC will run smoothly.:clap::clap:
Great, there is a program by CorpNewt called GenSMBIOS you can search for on the web and download. It's a terminal driven program that makes updating the serial numbers easy. OpenCore Configurator tends to be buggy...try not to use or depend on it.

What was your problem with sleep ?
What's a Corsair link cable ?

Hi I upgraded my PSU to a Corsair Hx850i, Plugged the corsair link to the usb port. And it keeps going to sleep and waking it every minute. Is there a way to prevent the hack from doing this?

Thanks!

Hi I upgraded my PSU to a Corsair Hx850i, Plugged the corsair link to the usb port. And it keeps going to sleep and waking it every minute. Is there a way to prevent the hack from doing this?

Thanks!
The post you are replying too was posted in May of 2019, doubt you will get a reply from him, maybe. What happened is when you added that USB port (which was an internal header right?) it broke however you had USB configured on your machine. You don’t mention if you are using OC or Clover but the fix is fairly similar for both, you will need to remap your USB ports to take into account the new connection to the power supply and still keep the total of ports under 15.
This guide walks you through the steps for either boot loader. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

The post you are replying too was posted in May of 2019, doubt you will get a reply from him, maybe. What happened is when you added that USB port (which was an internal header right?) it broke however you had USB configured on your machine. You don’t mention if you are using OC or Clover but the fix is fairly similar for both, you will need to remap your USB ports to take into account the new connection to the power supply and still keep the total of ports under 15.
This guide walks you through the steps for either boot loader. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Yes! I'm using Clover. I'll look into that thread to see if I can get some more info. However, I do need more than 15 USB ports in order to have my USB 3.0 ports working. I made a help post regarding port limit by the way.

Thanks.

Yes! I'm using Clover. I'll look into that thread to see if I can get some more info. However, I do need more than 15 USB ports in order to have my USB 3.0 ports working. I made a help post regarding port limit by the way.
Thanks.
Better to post there, not here. You can't have more than 15 total ports if you want sleep working and or have other issues like data loss.

Last edited:
Back