Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Didn't work. Same black screen (monitor turns off after Apple logo and progress bar)

Hey Vio1, I had a similar issue which ended up being related to the resolution in OpenCore, I don't know if this is relevant, but try power cycling the monitor and if it goes away / works, then try changing this out in config.plist:

< <string>Max</string>
---
> <string>3840×2160</string>

Hey Vio1, I had a similar issue which ended up being related to the resolution in OpenCore, I don't know if this is relevant, but try power cycling the monitor and if it goes away / works, then try changing this out in config.plist:

< <string>Max</string>
---
> <string>3840×2160</string>
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try and report back. How do I edit the config.plist to make that change?

Use any text editor of your choice after mounting the EFI volume
I use jsPlist Editor - http://tustin2121.github.io/jsPlistor/
Any plist editor is a better idea, Text Editors can hose config.plists. Xcode, Propertree, Plistedit Pro, Bbedit are much better choices and...the list goes on.

That and your suggestion to help him can't be added just anywhere in the config.plist, you want to might show him where in a screen shot or explain the location a little more clearly. Otherwise he could just make it worse or not know if he did it correctly.

Last edited:
Any plist editor is a better idea, Text Editors can hose config.plists. Xcode, Propertree, Plistedit Pro, Bbedit are much better choices and...the list goes on.

That and your suggestion to help him can't be added just anywhere in the config.plist, you want to might show him where in a screen shot or explain the location a little more clearly. Otherwise he could just make it worse or not know if he did it correctly.
yes please show

Dear Modmike,

I submit three minor modifications to your OpenCore bundle for you're review (& hopefully to share with others that may help), these should work with Clover too (1 & 2 out of the box, 3 needs modification)

1/ RealtekTRL8111.kext (kext in kexts folder and config to load in OC)
This adds support Realtek ethernet adapters, that many Z390 motherboards have included

2/ Apple UEFI Preboot support (FileVault)
These drivers (AppleKeyFeeder.efi & AppleUISupport.efi) enable rending and keyboard processing in preeboot environment so that users can enter their passwords in for decrypting via FileVault

3/ Fix for failed to POST (Patch in OC config)
This fixes and issue with Asus Z390P (& other) boards where by a shutdown or restart causes a POST error

Hopefully you will find this acceptable and they can be of help too others

Thanks,
Caro

I only build for the Asus Z-390 and try to use the simplest config for it to work. People can always add it later but I know it caused me some issues when I first started using OC. Also:
  1. I use Intelmausi.kext, any reason to use Realtek?
  2. I do not enable Filevault because of the install issue it causes for new users. I believe I got a boot error when this where enabled.
  3. Fix was patched April 15th, please see post #3540. Did you have post error issues with my EFI?

1. I use Intelmausi.kext, any reason to use Realtek?
Prime Z390 P motherboard (the one I use) has this network card

2. I do not enable Filevault because of the install issue it causes for new users. I believe I got a boot error when this where enabled.
I haven't had these issues, I guess maybe fixed with OC updates?

3. Fix was patched April 15th, please see post #3540. Did you have post error issues with my EFI?
Ah Yes I think that you mentioned, I forgot to try it, I will give it a go and try again

I've been following thread some time now. I was struggling with my install but all this helped and I got my system up easily. So just came to say thank you ModMike!

@CaroImperio: I also use the z390-p Motherboard. I currently use your EFI at it works well for me. Also the RTL8111 works. I never got the Network work with clover, therefore your EFI fix one big error for me.
Thanks for that.

My current problem is, that I can't enter the BIOS anymore.
If I press the delete button the screen will stay black. Same if I press the F2 button.
If I press F8 the menu will be visible but if I use "Enter Setup" the screen is going to black again.
I have done a clear CMOS, but it doesn't help.
The Computer is running fine within Windows and Catalina but currently I haven't any change to set the right BIOS values after my reset :(.

Have anyone an Idea, how I can enter the setup?

Regards
kaminkehrer

Back