Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

You didn’t mention it but did you downgrade the version of clover? Did you also update the versions of WEG and Lilu kexts or are you just using @iDrakus EFI folder? You can also try using the IGPU for display during install instead of your 5700 XT? Just disable DGPU in the bios.

Well, my first USB was the latest version of Clover. After seeing @iDrakus's post I reformatted my USB and created one with the older version that was mentioned which seemed to have the same results. I was using his EFI folder for these last few tests. I will try installing with the iGPU and see if that works with a fresh install USB. Should I use the iGPU folder from the OP for this?

Well, my first USB was the latest version of Clover. After seeing @iDrakus's post I reformatted my USB and created one with the older version that was mentioned which seemed to have the same results. I was using his EFI folder for these last few tests. I will try installing with the iGPU and see if that works with a fresh install USB. Should I use the iGPU folder from the OP for this?
Try the BIOS switch switch on the video card 5700 XT. Perhaps this will solve your problem.

Try the BIOS switch switch on the video card 5700 XT. Perhaps this will solve your problem.

I don't think my card has a BIOS switch unfortunately, it's the ASUS TUF 5700 XT.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.5 KB · Views: 72
Yes.

It’s exactly your video card, the configuration of Clover has nothing to do with it.

Try loading with this Config file just by replacing it in my EFI.

This config makes the circle with a slash logo come up crashing the installer before it boots, the text is obscured so I can't see what the issue that caused it was. I'm going to try the iGPU config and at least get an install going so that I can work from there.

Well, this is very strange. I physically removed my GPU from the computer, plugged the monitor into the motherboard and changed my BIOS settings to match the OP, exactly the same things I did the last time and I am getting a black screen about 25 seconds after it tries booting into the installer. Clearly something new is wrong here because I am doing the same steps that I was before when I had a successful iGPU install.

Well, this is very strange. I physically removed my GPU from the computer, plugged the monitor into the motherboard and changed my BIOS settings to match the OP, exactly the same things I did the last time and I am getting a black screen about 25 seconds after it tries booting into the installer. Clearly something new is wrong here because I am doing the same steps that I was before when I had a successful iGPU install.
On which drive do you install the operating system?

On which drive do you install the operating system?

An Intel 660p 1TB M.2 drive, but I cannot get the installer to even show up at all so nothing is installed anywhere yet. I can’t seem to get the installer to run at least without serious graphical issues that stop me from actually going through the install process. I have now tried:
1. iGPU (dGPU Unplugged)
2. iGPU (dGPU Disabled)
3. dGPU (using OP EFI)
4. dGPU (using iDrakus EFI)
5. dGPU (using only Kexts instead of replacing the whole folder)

The only ones that I have been able to get to the install process are 4 and 5 but when the installer does show up I cannot do anything because there are serious graphical issues that prevent me from seeing any part of the initial boot screen. I have not been able to start the install process at all yet. I do appreciate all the help but it looks as if this is a lost cause, it’s now the end of day 2 of testing trying to get anything to work and I have not been able to even begin the initial install process yet.

An Intel 660p 1TB M.2 drive, but I cannot get the installer to even show up at all so nothing is installed anywhere yet. I can’t seem to get the installer to run at least without serious graphical issues that stop me from actually going through the install process. I have now tried:
1. iGPU (dGPU Unplugged)
2. iGPU (dGPU Disabled)
3. dGPU (using OP EFI)
4. dGPU (using iDrakus EFI)
5. dGPU (using only Kexts instead of replacing the whole folder)

The only ones that I have been able to get to the install process are 4 and 5 but when the installer does show up I cannot do anything because there are serious graphical issues that prevent me from seeing any part of the initial boot screen. I have not been able to start the install process at all yet. I do appreciate all the help but it looks as if this is a lost cause, it’s now the end of day 2 of testing trying to get anything to work and I have not been able to even begin the initial install process yet.
Taking a break now isn't a bad idea. It's not a lost cause and when you decide to get back to it then double check your graphic BIOS settings.

Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128

Back