Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97-D3H
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
GTX 750
So yesterday I've installed my 2nd hackintosh.

My first hackintosh was a Skylake mini itx build, which was not very easy to install at all. Even getting to the installation took some tinkering. Post installation was a mess with a lot of stuff to do and in the end not everything worked. (like sleep)

So i decided to transform my old windows gaming PC into a hackintosh and was very surprised how easy it was compared to the skylake build. The only downside to this build is, that you don't use the newest hardware.

My guess is that this setup works so effortless because most macs are still using the Haswell/Broadwell generation.

For the Installation you only need to install macOS using this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Use the post install settings for MultiBeast below. If you are using a Geforce graphics card like mine, you need to install the Nvidia web driver. After this you're done :)

To get iMessage and FaceTime working you need to customize the config.plist with Clover Configurator. (Instructions below)

Build:
Gigabyte H97-D3H LGA 1150 Motherboard
Intel i5 4460 3.2 GHZ (Haswell) Processor
Geforce GTX 750 2GB DDR 5 Graphics Card
2x Geil 4GB + 2x Corsair 8GB Memory
1x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB
1x Western Digital 500GB HDD
1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

The whole installation was very easy and quick. On my Skylake build installing Mac OS was only possible on the Samsung 850. The other Hard drives weren't even detected.

Post Installation
Quickstart: UEFI Bootmode
Drivers:
Audio: Realtek ALC 1150
Misc: Fake SMC, Fake SMC Plugins
Network: Apple Intel E1000e v3.3.3​
USB: 7/8/9/ Series USB Support, Increase Max Port limits
Bootloaders: UEFI Bootmode
Customize: System Definitions: iMac 14,2 (Mac Pro 3,1 will not work for Sierra installation)​
Now you need to install the Nvidia Web Driver

If you don't want to use iMessage or FaceTime you can simply pull the USB Stick and reboot. Now everything should be working except iMessage and FaceTime. (Yes, even sleep).

This step by step guide is from: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/
    1. Open Clover Configurator and go to the SMBIOS screen. Open Terminal.app and run "uuidgen". Paste the output in the SmUUID field in Clover Configurator (next to the Serial Number).
    2. Copy the value in the Serial Number field
    3. Go to the RtVariables screen on the left
    4. Paste your serial number into the MLB field, and then:
      • For an Nvidia graphics / MacPro3,1 configuration, add 2 random characters or digits to the end, to make 13 characters total.
      • For an integrated graphics / iMac17,1 configuration, add 5 random characters or digits to the end, to make 17 characters total.
    5. Enter a value for the ROM field. If you will use an Ethernet port on the machine, you can select "UseMacAddr0" from the drop-down. Otherwise, enter 12 random hexadecimal digits.
    6. File/Save config.plist and Quit Clover Configurator.
After this you have a 100% working hackintosh with no extra work involved except configuring the config.plist to get iMessage/FaceTime working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back