Contribute
Register

The difference between patching and injecting kexts.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can create SSDT and DSDT for various functions of hardware in the ACPI spec (Differentiated System Description Table and Secondary System Description Table in the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) as you can see from all those ghost devices you found.

The SSDT for USB just tells the underlying system how the USB ports are set-up, so that it can use them. For example the EHCI or XCI controllers, how the ports work, where they are, what their system 'addresses' are etc.

USB ports on add-on cards are a separate issue, as are some hubs. They are not always treated as built-in motherboard resources but as external peripherals.

For a DSDT - that's not easy to summarise (9667 lines of code etc...). You may or may not need one. Do a search explicitly for GA-X79-UP4 and you'll find some getting-started guides like this one. There are many others with more detail. Though I doubt many will address add-on PCIe USB cards.

:thumbup:

Looking at the DSDT , I dont need to address them - If the slot is device id - doesnt it just pick up the info in sys profiler anyway? - I think the issue in mine is that the code is inhibiting system profiler from doing its job. If I could boot without it I could extract one based on my machine?

I cant start again from scratch - we tried that earlier in the week - I guess the answer is to try and boot without the dsdt and if I can extract one?. Will just removing it from the Patched folder be enough or do I also remove mention of it from the APCI tab in Clover configurator? When I did this yesterday it wouldn't boot - I also tried additional the boot flag DSDT=No....

What can I do here?

Managed to extract a DSDT by booting clover with the old dsdt removed. Opened it in Maciasl and hit compile - it contained some warnings but no errors. Put it in EFI/APIC/Patched folder and tried to boot. wouldn't boot, but here is where it stopped. Im not well versed with reading this, but is it SMBIOS that caused the panic and stopped boot?

Alternatively, should I persevere and try and get it to boot without a DSDT at all?

Just tried to boot using the boot flag Dsdt=No - result was the same as the attatchment.....

So in Summary - My new DSDT and No DSDT = the page attached. If it is SMBIOS, I thought Id try a couple of different Machine IDs but the result is the same each time. On reflection If I can get it to boot without a DSDT I might be better off? Stuck again - would appreciate it if someone can translate what the page below actually means.....

Attachments

• dsdt boot error .jpeg
    dsdt boot error .jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Post your current EFI folder and list all the current hardware being used on your system.

when i rebuild cache i still get this error. how to do on mojave thanks ?

kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }

Last edited:
when i rebuild cche i still get this error. how to do on mojave thanks ?

kext with invalid signatured (-67030) allowed: { URL = "file:///System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/", ID = "com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" }
looks normal and fine

no sur,because i pass from nvidia to amd.

i fixe for cuda and another item

i don t remeber if this file is a standard on apple pkg....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back