Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I have followed all above, but stuck here.
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Please help!

I have attached EFI file
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 65
did they not only make the one? :)
Just a few more than one. There are more than 50 possible desktop Haswell chips that could be used.

Here's a fun fact for the day. The original name was not Haswell, it was Molalla !
Haswell is named after Haswell, Colorado (Originally Molalla after Molalla, Oregon, it was later renamed due to the difficult pronunciation). Wikichip

Last edited:
Hi @trs96

I’m having some troubles trying to update 0.6.7 to 0.6.8 as I’m getting a black screen and also no verbose-boot possible. My previous (0.6.7) works just fine.

Can you check the attached EFI (serial has been removed). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Joost

Attachments

• 068 Optimac Joost NoSN.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 52
Hi @trs96

I’m having some troubles trying to update 0.6.7 to 0.6.8 as I’m getting a black screen and also no verbose-boot possible. My previous (0.6.7) works just fine.

Can you check the attached EFI (serial has been removed). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Joost

Hi @joostiphone, I've been following your progress here and on the HackinDROM App testing thread!. Are you using the App to update OC or, are you doing it manually?.

Hi @joostiphone, I've been following your progress here and on the HackinDROM App testing thread!. Are you using the App to update OC or, are you doing it manually?.
I think we need to petition that dev in the Z390/490 threads to make a Dell Optiplex version of that app.

Hi @craighazan & @trs96 , currently I'm doing this manually, same as you guys :) .

The HackinDROM app is great so far, but it needs a benchmark EFI (system). So now, @CaseySJ his system/EFI is the basis for the app to update our Z390/Z490 systems. Later on, from what I understood, we can onboard more systems such as the Dell Optiplex (different) systems, and then updating the EFI for this system will be much easier!

Are these patches all created by Hackintool ? Why use them ?

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 9.09.45 AM.png

Are you using a USB SSDT instead of the kext for some reason ?

Are these patches all created by Hackintool ? Why use them ?

View attachment 515230

Are you using a USB SSDT instead of the kext for some reason ?

Funny thing is, I never used Hackintool :) So I'm not sure? I am using indeed a USB SSDT, I also used that during Clover-time, so I guess I never deviated from that.

Back