Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I have a working Dell 9020 i7 working without extra gpu.
If I put inside the rx560 is necessary any changes to the efi?
No, not unless you want to run the iGPU headless instead of leaving it enabled.

No, not unless you want to run the iGPU headless instead of leaving it enabled.
Sorry but where is here the difference? Leaving the iGPU enabled is, for me, running it headless. Do I understand something wrong? The reason why I'm asking is that I'm also planning to put inside a graphic card (Nvidia NVS 510) for 4k output.

Leaving the iGPU enabled is, for me, running it headless. Do I understand something wrong?
When the iGPU is headless it means you can't connect a display to the onboard DP output on your Dell. The iGPU is then used for compute only. That means the video encode/decode is performed by the iGPU via the Intel Quicksync.
The 14,2 and 15,1 iMacs (and others) operated this way when their CPUs used the iGPU set as headless. The graphics cards powered the iMac display, not the iGPU.

All of this is discussed near the end of the Golden Build guide. Under the "for video editors" spoiler.

Thanks, didn't know that till now.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am booting the installer on the USB and it hangs in this step

"ifnet_attach: All Kernel threads created for interface lo0 have been shuduled at least once"

Any ideas?

I have directly followed the guide of dortania

Hello,

I am booting the installer on the USB and it hangs in this step

"ifnet_attach: All Kernel threads created for interface lo0 have been shuduled at least once"

Any ideas?

I have directly followed the guide of dortania
upload a copy of your EFI folder, remove the Serials and SMUUID numbers first.

There are numerous problems. Missing files and config.plist entries. I think it would be best if you used OC Gen-X and followed my guide instead of the Dortania guide to make your EFI folder. Watch the video tutorial. I've attached the ACPI folder to show you everything that needs to be included there as an example.

Attachments

• ACPI copy.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 59
There are numerous problems. Missing files and config.plist entries. I think it would be best if you used OC Gen-X and followed my guide instead of the Dortania guide to make your EFI folder. Watch the video tutorial. I've attached the ACPI folder to show you everything that needs to be included there as an example.
Thank you, I will try again with your guide.

Back