Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

Hello,
with the help of this thread I could get to set up my Dell 9020 without any problems. Thanks for this. Good job.
But what I missed were the entries in the PCI tab in "about this Mac" => "system information" => "PCI"
With the program Hackintool I could extract the informations (via the patch tab => devices properties and only PCI => create patch) and added them to the config.plist. Now it looks like this:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-22 um 08.04.56.png

Attached I've the part which you can add to the config.plist (like Textmate). It's only a cosmetic matter and nothing more. These entries don't improve performance or something else.

Attachments

• DeviceProperties_Dell_9020.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 46
@trs96 Thank you for this amazing Guide, it worked like a charme with my 9020 SFF with integradet graphics. The only thing that botheres me is that I have a 1440p Monitor and the OptiMac just wants to output in 1080p. Is there any way that I can change it to 1440p?

Is there any way that I can change it to 1440p?
System Preferences -> Displays -> Scaled then choose 1440p res.
If you don't see it then hold down the option key and click scaled.

Hi, I follow the guide and my optimac works brilliantly, except for one thing: sleep/shutdown. If I try it shows a message about stop problems after reboot (it is not a real sleep mode). Anyone has same problem?
Thanks

Last edited:
I find out that if i go to "lock the screen" than instead of use the password I click on "cancel" it WORKS!

System Preferences -> Displays -> Scaled then choose 1440p res.
If you don't see it then hold down the option key and click scaled.
Thanks a lot for the quick Response. I originally planed to hook the OptiMac up to my 1440p Monitor by using an 4k Rated DP tp HDMI Adapter + HDMI Cable. But with this Setup there was no 1440p Resolution showing up in the System Preferences Menü, even after holding down the option key like you said.

Then I took a normal DP Cable and hooked it up and then it pretty much directly showed up in 1440p.

Did you experience similar issues with DP to HDMI Adapters?

Did you experience similar issues with DP to HDMI Adapters?
It's always better to use DP to DP cables instead of any HDMI adapter no matter how expensive or high quality it is. The only adapting of DP to HDMI I've done is to 1080p monitors and that has always worked well. Just basic non-active adapters work for 1080p.

Last edited:
It's always better to use DP to DP cables instead of any HDMI adapter no matter how expensive or high quality it is. The only adapting of DP to HDMI I've done is to 1080p monitors and that has always worked well.
Alright, then I have to change my Setup a little bit because my main Machine was plugged in to the only DP Port on my Monitor and I think this is also the only Port which supports GSync...

Thanks again for this awesome Guide and all the work you put in there, I really appreciate it. Do you have a Donation-Link?

Btw: What about future MacOS Updates? Can we just Update without Problems or do you test them first and give us Feedback here? I guess it depends on the Update, right? :D Sorry, its been a while since my last Hackintosh and I always was afraid of Updates...

I really appreciate it. Do you have a Donation-Link?
Screen Shot 3.jpg
Upper left corner, click there.
Can we just Update without Problems
It usually works with no drama. You can of course make a bootable backup before any point update. It's mandatory if you will be doing a version upgrade such as going from 11.6 to 12.0 later this year.

I have a working Dell 9020 i7 working without extra gpu.
If I put inside the rx560 is necessary any changes to the efi?

Back