Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

thank you very much I found the problem I forgot to map the USB ports: D

Now I have a little problem. I can't go to my UWQHD 34 Inch on Resolution 3440x1440 (normally 120hz Sync) over 60hz at big sur. with my old monitor the only full hd can go 144 hz. Is there a patch or something similar for it?

Last edited:
thank you very much I found the problem I forgot to map the USB ports: D

Now I have a little problem. I can't go to my UWQHD 3440x1440 over 60hz at big sur. with my old monitor the only full hd can go 144 hz. Is there a patch or something similar for it?
Read posts number 6 and 7 if you haven't yet unlocked CFG and increased DVMT to 64MB.

Read posts number 6 and 7 if you haven't yet unlocked CFG and increased DVMT to 64MB.
I've already done the two steps. Unfortunately, I still can't go over 60Hz.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-09 um 18.04.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-09 um 18.04.23.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
my Efi

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 48
There's a lot of things missing from your config.plist. Everywhere the triangles point down there should be a number of entries.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Post #3 shows most all of the things that need to be in the config.plist.

Last edited:
@trs96 Is it possible for you to have a similar OpenCore upgrade method for this particular build, such as:

and using:

have a similar OpenCore upgrade method
I don't use OpenCore configurator because vit9696 / Acidanthera says it's not a good idea. I respect their views on this. If you want to use it and follow Casey's directions I have no problem with that. It is just as easy to use OC Gen X to create a new EFI folder and then copy over config.plist info to the newer OC 0.6.5 config.plist. That's a perfectly valid approach. The other nice thing is that it will automatically update all kexts to the newest versions. Only requires copying over the USB ports kext.

I'm still using OC 0.6.3 with 11.1 and it works fine. It's not mandatory to always be using the latest OpenCore version although it's not a bad idea for those using newer Z390/Z490 builds. These Haswell based Optiplex systems are over 6 years old now and the newest updated kexts and OC versions aren't required and can cause new problems that didn't exist previously. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, is how the saying goes.

Last edited:
I don't use OpenCore configurator because vit9696 / Acidanthera says it's not a good idea. I respect their views on this. If you want to use it and follow Casey's directions I have no problem with that. It is just as easy to use OC Gen X to create a new EFI folder and then copy over config.plist info to the newer OC 0.6.5 config.plist. That's a perfectly valid approach. I'm still using OC 0.6.3 with 11.1 and it works fine. It's not mandatory to always be using the latest OpenCore version although it's not a bad idea.

thanks for your reply!

The reason why I’m asking is because the chance of making a mistake during updating OC is far less when following this approach.

Casey’s approach would need 1 EFI expert (such as yourself) to update the website providing everyone else the updated config file you can find on that website his tutorial is mentioning.

thanks for your reply!

The reason why I’m asking is because the chance of making a mistake during updating OC is far less when following this approach.

Casey’s approach would need 1 EFI expert (such as yourself) to update the website providing everyone else the updated config file you can find on that website his tutorial is mentioning.
updating OpenCore is quite simple, it is just the case of copying over the new files, and then comparing your config.plist with the sample.plist and making any adjustments as needed

updating OpenCore is quite simple, it is just the case of copying over the new files, and then comparing your config.plist with the sample.plist and making any adjustments as needed
If you make a simple backup copy of your EFI folder before making any changes, it's very easy to go back to the original config.plist and try again if you don't get it right. Making mistakes is never a problem because you always get to try again if you don't get it right.

Back