Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I'm still stuck on 'Proceed'!, I checked with Sanity Checker and got this:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 2.10.18 PM.png

Last edited:
I checked with Sanity Checker and got this:
You don't need alcid as you've got the audio layout id set to 13 in your config.plist.

Craig try making these two changes in your Kernel -> Quirks

The last two quirks should be YES and NO. instead of NO and YES as you have them.

3rd party drives - Yes and XhciPortLimit - NO

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Thanks trs96, still stuck on proceed. I saw this post earlier in the thread #108, a screenshot stuck where I am. Is it something to do with USB3 mapping?, mouz.sk1ll said he disabled USB3 in BIOS and reached the installer screen.

Update: disabling USB3 in BIOS has got me to the installer!.

D350E38B-88FE-41E7-A3DC-57BE256A60EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: disabling USB3 in BIOS has got me to the installer!.
Not sure why that is needed I'll have to research it. Were you using the USB in a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port ?

Not sure why that is needed I'll have to research it. Were you using the USB in a USB 2.0 port or a 3.0 port ?
Always USB2 port, I disabled USB3 in BIOS front and saved and restarted and got straight to the installer.

Always USB2 port, I disabled USB3 in BIOS front and saved and restarted and got straight to the installer.
What is the make and model of the USB drive ?

probably because xhciPortLimit was disabled, but that is just a guess

It's a 16GB SanDisk Cruzer Blade.
I think I've figured out why you had to disable USB 3 ports to reach the installer. Looking back at when I installed on a 9020 MT I had modded the UEFI to change two related settings.
Screen Shot 3.jpg

I don't think that you changed both of these when booted into the GRUB shell.
I had done this before the install and had no problems. If you want to test this out, change these two and then try to boot the installer again to test. Of course, enable the USB 3.0 ports in BIOS first.

Back