Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

Whoops! I uploaded the wrong one from my desktop.

Thanks, I will make and test the proposed changes.

@trs96 The changes did fix the mouse stutter issues indeed, Thanks!

This now seems like a perfect base for the 9020 USFF to base future updates on. I will upload it in HackinDROM, here also attached (without SMBIOS info.. :) ).

Awesome job on your EFI!

Attachments

• 24-12-2021 10h39 OptiMac Monterey (21A559) OC076 NoSN.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 65
A quick question, I installed Catalina today with OC from scratch after Unlock CFG and Increase DVMT pre-allocation to 64MB" according to @trs96 's original golden built. Can I now just update from Catalina to Big Sur or I have to make a fresh installation (that I failed miserably last time)

Can I now just update from Catalina to Big Sur or I have to make a fresh installation (that I failed miserably last time)
Yes, do the in place upgrade and see how it goes. Which OC version are you using ?

Yes, do the in place upgrade and see how it goes. Which OC version are you using ?
I downloaded the one you posted n the original thread , so it must be 0.6.9 OC
Should I upgrade OC and use System Preferences update ?
PS I already updated the BIOS to 25

I downloaded the one you posted n the original thread , so it must be 0.6.9 OC
Should I upgrade OC and use System Preferences update ?
You can still use that for Big Sur, it won't work for Monterey though.
Just upgrade from Sys Prefs Update and see if it works.

You can still use that for Big Sur, it won't work for Monterey though.
Just upgrade from Sys Prefs Update and see if it works.
It went OK, it is 11.6.1 (20G224) now. But there was a problem, when restarted the screen does not come back on 570's HDMI . I had to connect internal GC's DP to the monitor. I havent done restart yet with Big Sur, after I post this I will.
Edit: It has restarted normal

Hello! I have a Dell optiplex 9020 SSF with intel core i5 4590, no dedicated gpu. I just followed the guide, but i'm having problems to boot the installer. Basically it does not appear as an option in the opencore boot menu, I just have two options, modGrubshell.efi and reset NVRAM. I tried differents usb sticks. I did all the steps to create the usb installer on Osx big sur with a macbook pro 15 2015. I can't figure out where the problem is. The BIOS is updated and has been modified as the guide says. I will attach my EFI folder so hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 61
Hello! I have a Dell optiplex 9020 SSF with intel core i5 4590, no dedicated gpu. I just followed the guide, but i'm having problems to boot the installer. Basically it does not appear as an option in the opencore boot menu, I just have two options, modGrubshell.efi and reset NVRAM. I tried differents usb sticks. I did all the steps to create the usb installer on Osx big sur with a macbook pro 15 2015. I can't figure out where the problem is. The BIOS is updated and has been modified as the guide says. I will attach my EFI folder so hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.
Follow This Guide properly

VIMP: first you need to upgrade your BIOS
then perform CFG Unlock steps
then use the provided EFI folder in the post and add SMBIOS inside config.plist
then you are good to go..

but i'm having problems to boot the installer.
Try using the Macmini7,1 EFI that is also attached to post #2 make sure to enter your SMUUID into the config.plist before booting.

hye @trs96 , while running hackintool , apps notify to update OC to the latest version ,, current 0.69 upgradeable to 0.76 how this is done ? can you show us how or any links prior to update OC bootloader

Back