Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I'm Using DP -> HDMI and DP->VGA
The DP to VGA adapter, Digital video to Analog, is most likely the problem. If you can try DP to HDMI with both monitors it should work.

Yup, tried that. Goes from 4k to 1080. Unfortunately I'm not with the machine now so can't take screen shot.
Try using an app like Resxtreme or SwitchResX to see if you can get the others to appear.

I haven't tried this app yet but it looks interesting. Still in early development stages.

Last edited:
The DP to VGA adapter, Digital video to Analog, is most likely the problem. If you can try DP to HDMI with both monitors it should work.
Currently I've only one HDMI monitor... I'll buy new and will try again...

Strange. Do you have any association with the Albuquerque Public shool system, Board of Education ?
Are you connected to their wifi network ?
I have never heard of them, I am on the other side of the world, I bought my DELL refurbished

But DP to VGA works fine when I connect only one monitor... Is there any other way to do it...

I followed the whole guide, when I start opencore only the modshellgrub entry appears, no possibility to start mac install

I have never heard of them, I am on the other side of the world
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can't explain why you get that message.

I followed the whole guide, when I start opencore only the modshellgrub entry appears, no possibility to start mac install
Your profile says you have a Z68XP-UD4 system. Why follow this guide if that is true ?

Screen Shot 9.jpg

I have never heard of them, I am on the other side of the world, I bought my DELL refurbished
maybe a dodgy serial number you used?

Back