Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I've installed big sur successfully but my dual monitor setup not working... I'm able to use only one of them at a time... both are working fine individually.. but when I connect both of them then Screen goes black...
Upload your EFI folder but remove the serials and SMUUID from the config.plist first.

already done
I can tell that you didn't use my EFI folder so you probably didn't follow just my guide here.
If you want to use my EFI and add your serials etc. to it, that will save a lot of time.

Did you use modgrubshell.efi and increase the DVMT to 64 MB ?

yes I've increased DVMT to 64 MB

yes I've increased DVMT to 64 MB
Good, try the EFI at the end of post #2 and then see if both monitors work.
Reset NVRAM before trying to boot from the new EFI.

It's OC 0.7.1 EFI as shown.
Screen Shot 24.jpg

Last edited:
I've used it... still black screen when try to connecting both monitor.

I've used it... still black screen when try to connecting both monitor.
What types of monitor and what connections are you using ? Any DP adapters ? Which ones ?
Did you reset NVRam before booting ?

Hello all.
Thank you for this trs96.
With this guide, I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 USFF running 11.6.1 driving a single LG 32" 4k display using a display port to display port cable.
I'm using the EFI folder shared b trs96, unaltered.

My question is: In the Settings - Display, with scaling, the next option goes from 4k to 1080. Anybody know why or how I can get higher resolution options in between 4k and 1080?

n the Settings - Display, with scaling, the next option goes from 4k to 1080. Anybody know why or how I can get higher resolution options in between 4k and 1080?
Hold down the option key first and then click on "Scaled" and you should see other resolutions.

yes I've reseted NVRAM before Booting with new EFI...
I've one HDMI monitor and one VGA... I'm Using DP -> HDMI and DP->VGA

Back