Contribute
Register

The Dell OptiMac Big Sur/OpenCore Thread - For 7020/9020 Optiplex Desktops

I didn't do anything beyond these settings to get past anything. I just made a USB with Rufus and the official Windows 11 ISO.
Not certain but I think that Rufus does something when making the installer to get past the checks for CPU and TPM.
Looks like it even lets get past the need to enable secure boot. "Extended Windows 11 Installation."

Screen_Shot_10.jpg

Last edited:
Not certain but I think that Rufus does something when making the installer to get past the checks for CPU and TPM.

I didn't know that, but the latest Rufus indeeds can do that. I, however, didn't select the 'extended' option so I'm in doubt if that's it.

Do you see any side effects having LORs disabled ?

Not at all. Everything is working as it should be.

Looks like it even lets get past the need to enable secure boot. "Extended Windows 11 Installation."

View attachment 530899
Now that you've added the printscreen, I'm 100% certain I didn't use that option. I think I even used Rufus 3.15.

Do you get a black screen when trying to wake from sleep ?

Do you get a black screen when trying to wake from sleep ?
Will need to test it in the weekend as I don’t use that often. It usually is on using Windows as my Plex machine (24/7).

I looked at the TPM console (TPM.msc) in Windows 10 and it appears that I can install even without TPM activated. Did you do the restart step and take ownership that it talks about ? If you perform the registry modification (remove check for TPM) I think you can install without enabling TPM in BIOS.

Capture4.PNG

Last edited:
I looked at the TPM console (TPM.msc) in Windows 10 and it appears that I can install even without TPM activated. Did you do the restart step and take ownership that it talks about ? If you perform the registry modification (remove check for TPM) I think you can install without enabling TPM in BIOS.

View attachment 530913
I didn’t do anything that looks like modifying Windows.

I didn’t do anything that looks like modifying Windows.
You enabled your TPM 1.2 Security via the BIOS, that should be all it takes if you don't implement the registry hack.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

@trs96 Just wanted to add that I've been dual booting Monterey and Windows 11 on the same SSD with no issues for months now. Only issue for me is trying to get Linux to play well with the other two lol. As for how I installed it, I stopped using the standard guided Windows install a while ago and just boot a WinPE drive and install via DISM in command prompt. No OS checks that way. Heck, I used the same method to install Windows 11 on my Mid-2012 MacBook Pro as well lol.

Back