Contribute
Register

“The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk” error message after installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover configurator
Rt Variables
CsrActiveConfig 0x67

I hope your memory fix driver also fixes nvram issues with Z390 chipset
Even though I am new to opencore it its looking good

On my Asus Z390 system, I have CsrActiveConfig 0x67, AptioMemoryFix.efi and EmuVariableUefi.efi running Clover 5109 but I still have this "bless tool" error.

Other than this, the latest Clover messed up with the installed themes.

Clover configurator
Rt Variables
CsrActiveConfig 0x67

I hope your memory fix driver also fixes nvram issues with Z390 chipset
Even though I am new to opencore it its looking good
After Supplemental 10.15.4 update this error still occurs. Can confirm the trick with disabling SIP doesn't work

I’m also experiencing this issue.

I tried overwriting the install from my USB installer. It failed and from the installation screen I was told to reboot. I then got told to choose the startup disk. When trying to choose my system disk I got the message (Photo attached):

“You can’t change the startup disk to the selected disk. The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk.”

I quit out of this and rebooted my computer. I was able to select my system disk and Catalina loaded correctly. It seems that the supplemental update *has* installed. I then deleted the ‘MacOS Install Data’ folder.

Something which may be normal but looks unusual to me:

If I select my root directory in finder then ->system -> volumes.

From the volumes folder i can select only the root directory. It’s like Russian dolls, the root directory a sub-directory of the root directory.

I think this may be the issue - any pointers?

Attachments

• AB87A8B5-076E-4E5C-8EC8-03CD31B82E17.jpeg
    AB87A8B5-076E-4E5C-8EC8-03CD31B82E17.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 361
Temporary solution for Install volume not showing up.. In the clover boot menu, hit F11 to reset the nvram. Restart the computer and then reinstall the update from the system prefreneces or terminal (sudo softwareupdate -ia). Works here with clover 5109.

I am also experiencing a similar issue and using Z390 chipset as well. Does anyone found the solution to it? Does it happen when you do a fresh installation? I had the issue when I upgrade the MacOS 10.15.4 to 10.15.5.

Thanks.

For the “The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk” error message I found a posting in another thread by Romey-Rome that offered a solution, which worked for me.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/after-10-15-4-update-cannot-set-current-boot-disk.294002/post-2091411

In general you just need to set the default boot disk to your Mojave drive. I did this using Clover to edit the config.plist.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-03 um 09.49.22.png

If your Mojave drive has another than the default name you have to check in finder what the name of your drive is.

Be careful with the Timeout, disable it or set it to longer if 2 seconds are not enough to select the install partition during update.

After doing this the 10.15.5 installation worked fine without errors removing the install partitions.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Mr.-T-from-B@

Thank you so much for providing such an awesome solution and I was able to resolved the issue by specifying the boot volume in the Clover Configurator.

Can confirm - adding the 'Default Boot Volume' change fixed the bless issue in 10.15.5->10.15.6.

x67, reset nvram, etc. didn't change anything for me.

I had to download the combo update for 10.15.6, then apply it, then choose the boot volume of the installer volume, and then it installed and then removed the installer volume boot object after installation.

I still have /HighSierraInstaller that I can't get rid of - from 2018 - but otherwise, it's working great and dupe "Installer" entries in the Clover boot choices menu are gone.

Bless tool is the apple bootloader which are not useable in hackintosh, but don’t worry when the error appears just restart and boot off your usb and select the drive you were installing, it will boot normally. If the error appears again do the same. The second drive which has data written in its name is due to the apple’s new update that the OS is now not in writable mode, it’s just readable and you won’t be able to write in that partition even if SIP is disabled and is stored in an another partition, you can hide it from clover configurator post installation, Hence don’t delete the data partition and continue booting normally.

Do you know how to fix this in OpenCore for the Big Sur installation?
In startup disk i can see MacOs11.01 but unable to boot from because of the SDErrorDomain error 104!?

Set my default boot volume to the actual volume id in config.plist

Code:

<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>93C36D59-22C0-447F-9D4D-AC69094CC912</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<integer>5</integer>
</dict>

Can i do that in OpenCore?

Status
Not open for further replies.