Motherboard
MSI Z370M
CPU
Intel i5-8600K
Graphics
ASUS Strix 1060GTX
I started moding G5 case back in 2014
Over the years I did 3 case.
The first 2 case all used laser hive back plates and internal mounting brackets.
They looked ok but I feel that back of the case has been ruined by the big cut outs.

With this project I set out to make the best looking G5 Hackintosh. I wanted go all out and make it the ultimate mod that has never been done before.

I wanted the case to keep all the original ports and the ports must work and retain much of the original internals as possible.
I also wanted the internals to be upgradable in the future.
Replace motherboard and CPU,
Upgrade graphics card.

Here is the result.....

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

I will place some photos of how I made this.

As promised, I took some notes and photos along my journey.

I started off with 2 G5 case.

The normal gen1 G5 was just for parts.

The final main unit is a G5 case with a WIFI bar at the back. I found this case to be better suited for my final project.

IMG_4356.JPG

Start off by gutting the 2 systems.
but I kept everything in a box as my aim is to use much of the original parts as possible.

IMG_4362.JPG

Now you need to find yourself a nice big table. I was lucky I had one that I don’t use lol..

IMG_7028.JPG

I took out the internals of the mac PSU and put in a normal PC PSU inside. Note this was a test PSU
My Final PSU I used the internals of a Thermaltake so it’s a lot more powerful and supports 1080Ti GTX.

IMG_4365.JPG

I should have been more careful cutting the back socket board. it looks like my dog did it.

IMG_7039.JPG

IMG_7064.JPG

I did some final fittings of the MB, graphics card. Note this test unit i used a laser hive mounting bracket... It wasn't the best option for me as it was hard to move it around and was hard to work it. So the final unit i used a MB mounting bracket from an old LianLi case. Model PC-50.

IMG_7068.JPG

At this stage I am working out a sway to hold the graphics card in place.

IMG_7072.JPG

Thanks for sharing! I realy like the way you managed to use the i/o back plate.
What did you use for the 2 networks ports?

IMG_7077.JPG

Note that this system had all original fans... they all got wired up and they all work. I fired up the system and the noise level was out of control and was driving me nuts :beachball::crazy::beachball:

IMG_7075.JPG

Last edited:
I did the same thing.
I put the Thermaltake power supply inside of the Mac G5 power supply.

Attachments

• IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    506.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_5051.JPG
    IMG_5051.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_4788.JPG
    IMG_4788.JPG
    650.8 KB · Views: 1,073
Status
Not open for further replies.