Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks,

so I decided to
build a new beast of a hacintosh PC. The main purpose of this machine is going to be to work with Cinema4D, as well as After Affects. So it's going to be under a lot of load during a long interval of time, thus it needs to be stable as hell.

I'm going to by the parts as soon as possible next year, so I still have time to decide exactly which parts i'm going to use. These I choose for right now, what do you think of it?

Intel Core i7 4770K Prozessor (3,5GHz, Sockel LGA1150, 8MB Cache) boxed

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 4GB GDDR5 Speicher, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 1 GPU)

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H Mainboard Sockel LGA 1150 (ATX, Intel Z87, DDR3 Speicher, 6x SATA III, HDMI, DVI, 10x USB 3.0)

Corsair Vengeance Schwarz 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Arbeitsspeicher (CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9)

be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 Netzteil (650 Watt)

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 WLAN-N Dualband-Adapter (PCI-Express, 450 Mbps)

Fractal FD-CA-DEF-R4-WH Design Define R4 PC-Gehäuse (ATX, 2x 5,25 externe, 8x 3,5 interne, 2x 2,5 interne, 2x USB 3.0) weiß

2x Kingston SSDNow V300 interne SSD-Festplatte 120GB (6,4 cm (2,5 Zoll), SATA III) schwarz

SanDisk Extreme 120GB interne SSD (6,4 cm (2,5 Zoll), SATA

Thermaltake CLP0596 Frio Advanced Prozessorkühler

My aim is to stay below 2000 US$.
Some feedback on which part should be more stable with this setup will be much appreciated!

I think that you need a higher wattage PSU. When your computer is at full load, it will use 650W which will make it unstable. I recommend a PSU higher than 850 watts if you don't want it to be loud and/or if you're overclocking.And is 120GB enough? I recommend getting a 40GB or 80GB SSD as the boot drive and a Seagate SSHD (SSHDs are crazy fast hard drives combined with an SSD for a low price and a lot of capacity 1TB or more). Everything else is good in my opinion.

I think that you need a higher wattage PSU. When your computer is at full load, it will use 650W which will make it unstable. I recommend a PSU higher than 850 watts if you don't want it to be loud and/or if you're overclocking.And is 120GB enough? I recommend getting a 40GB or 80GB SSD as the boot drive and a Seagate SSHD (SSHDs are crazy fast hard drives combined with an SSD for a low price and a lot of capacity 1TB or more). Everything else is good in my opinion.

Where did you calculate this? Be Quiet PSU web site PSU calculator says 93% loaded at 580W and 83% loaded at 650W. This is fairly optimum for a PSU allowing for addition of a couple of HDDs and an optical drive which are not on the OPs parts list. Also, Newegg calculator recommends a 555W PSU.
40 and 80Gb SSDs are not as fast as later marketed 128 or even 256 Gb SSDs like the Samsung 840 Pro. Also, smaller SSDs have not enough room for scratch files in heavy processing. You need this room. If you can, off load some of the work to a RAM virtual drive.

To be honest I haven't thought about thought about storage too much. I have a lot of external WD HDD, which I was planning on breaking them up and using them as an internal HDD, however I should probably mention them.
One 3TB, One 2TB, two 1TB green WD HDD. I'm not planning on using them all, however I developed a little paranoia since I heard that a HDD can fail on you and you won't be able to recover your data, thus I'm going to use a Raid 1 configuration for sure.
For the SSD, I decided to use two of the "Kingston SSDNow V300 interne SSD-Festplatte 120GB (6,4 cm (2,5 Zoll), SATA III) schwarz" instead. One for Windows and one for OS X boot up.

Regarding the PSU, I think a 650Watt PSU should be enough, however in case I'm going to upgrade in the future to a 2nd GPU in a SLI configuration, I should probably use a 750Watt PSU. I'm also planning to OC the CPU. In fact, since the price does not increase that much, I'm now thinking between a 850Watt PSU or a 1kWatt PSU, both from the "Dark Power Pro 10" Series by "be quiet!"

As far as I know, SLI is not supported on a hackintosh, but this PC should be a WIN/OSX hybrid, since I don't like to be stuck in the apple ecosystem.

Built a PC, decided to put OSx on it, ran into some issues, started searching and didnt realized I had mimicked your build exactly.

My build:
X79-Deluxe (running the lastest bios)
Gigabyte GTX-770 4gb OC
Samsung 840 evo 750gb
32gb g.skill 1866

I am having issues getting the flags to work/getting to the install screen and I don't know if it is my vid card or a setting on the mobo. I have read and tried a few suggestions on this site and a few others, but cant seem to get it right.

So i will be using your suggestion: -v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 when I get home to see if that helps. So the reason I am emailing you is to ask what settings and bios version you are running so that I can get mavericks 10.9.2 installed without the mass guess work involved. I would be greatly appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back