Contribute
Register

The Beginners Journey Into A G5 Case Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sweet looking mate. Good find on the mobo conversion tray, i didnt know that was available

@sonny500 - Great to hear that it helped, you're welcome!

@piggelini - Have you started your next mod yet lol?

@Haxx187 - The conversion plate made everything much neater and actually easier! Glad it exists.

@YYR123 - Dschijn's post sounds right on. Also checkout the attached image below

@Dschijn - I measured about 160mm as well, thank you! I used the threaded standoffs pulled from the original G5 case.

photo.JPG

Cooler Master.....x6 elite.....just barely fits....but it fits..

Cooler Master.....x6 elite.....just barely fits....but it fits..

When you say "barely fits" - do you mean the overall height of the cooler once it's attached to the CPU? Or do you mean to surrounding components.

I have 2@ Corsair Vengeance 8GB "black" which has very tall heat sink. I'm looking for something that will fit in my G5 case mod project that a) allows me to still use the clear plastic shield, and b) doesn't get in the way of the DIMM in the slot closest to the CPU :crazy:

THANKS!

whoops sorry about that just got back to the site.....yes height after mounting on the cpu and the height of the mem stick once its installed.....

I got the corsair vengance.....but its a low profile and not the super tall fin'd model...so i was able to squeez it in there...but it's a tight fit........

I love my workstation......Still trying to make that darned powr button work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back