Contribute
Register

The audio fails to return from sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to not 'store' these kexts in C/Kexts/other folder because if the kext in that folder is not the same as the one in /L/E it may cause problems. If you want to store copies, put them in a a different folder, such as ~/documents
I do keep them in a separate folder, thanks.

I've been watching this thread as I've had the same problem. Updating from 10.14.3 introduced the issue. Since I didn't see any progress, I went ahead and tried a clean install of 10.14.4 but the issue continued.

I noticed that my AppleALC was not the current version (current is 1.3.7 as of Apr 9). I updated to that and it appears to have fixed my issue.

About the update: I don't mess with kexts as everything normally works, so I'm unfamiliar with best/correct method to do it right. I removed AppleALC.kext from /L/E and used an old kext utility to install the new AppleALC. It was placed in /S/L/E. If /L/E is where it's supposed to be, let me know & I'll move it there & fix permissions.

I noticed that my AppleALC was not the current version (current is 1.3.7 as of Apr 9). I updated to that and it appears to have fixed my issue.

Thanks! I used KextBeast to install 1.3.7 into Library/Extensions and after testing - so far - it has solved the problem for me.

in my system it helped to use AppleALC in new version 1.3.7 located in EFI/clover/kext/other/
and deleting an old relict (RealtekALC v. 2.8) from L/E/
After that sound is okay after wake from sleep.

I have been watching this thread and I though earlier suggestion in this thread had solved the issue, but that wasn't the case. However, found a similar post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rivers-without-restarting.273742/post-1927373 and the solution to unload/reload the AppleHDA kext worked for me. Not perfect but it beats rebooting after every sleep. This problem didn't start until 14.4.4 and Multibeast 11.1.0-6. Hopefully a better solution can be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back