Contribute
Register

The audio fails to return from sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching this thread as the same issue with no sound after sleeping started for me after updating 10.14.4.

I'm watching this thread as the same issue with no sound after sleeping started for me after updating 10.14.4.
sometimes if you enable ResetHDA in config.plist may sort the issue out

Sorry, just seeing this now. I have the current version (1.3.6) in /System/Extensions and in /kexts/Other
I think the two options, other than clover/kexts/other, are system/library/extensions and library/extensions. It’s pretty important that you get the AppleALC in the correct folder. On my system, it’s in the L/E folder and is working well and stable. Make sure you don’t have it in S/L/E as well.

I removed AppleALC from kexts/other, as well as lilu and whatevergreen, as they belong in Library/Extensions. Also unchecked ResetHDA in config.plist. Problem persisted.

I removed the deprecated Codeccommander from S/L/E, which seemed to fix the problem initially. Audio did return after sleep temporarily. However it disappeared after a short time. Will try enabling ResetHDA.

Last edited:
I removed AppleALC from kexts/other, as well as lilu and whatevergreen, as they belong in Library/Extensions. Also unchecked ResetHDA in config.plist. Problem persisted.

I removed the deprecated Codeccommander from S/L/E, which seemed to fix the problem initially. Audio did return after sleep temporarily. However it disappeared after a short time. Will try enabling ResetHDA.
Leave those kexts (lilu, weg and applealc) in your /other folder, they can be ‘stored’ there and accessed when needed.

Leave those kexts (lilu, weg and applealc) in your /other folder, they can be ‘stored’ there and accessed when needed.
Best to not 'store' these kexts in C/Kexts/other folder because if the kext in that folder is not the same as the one in /L/E it may cause problems. If you want to store copies, put them in a a different folder, such as ~/documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back