Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Pro 2012.5
CPU
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2048 MB
I am having this problem too, just started today.

Any solutions other than replacing the NVIDIA card?

I am having this problem too, just started today.

Any solutions?

I Googled 'WEB-Drive-Toolkit From Github' after I which I followed the steps in the above order, but none of this works for me on my desktop MacPro mid 2012,5 - says "invalid command" for all the above steps I pasted in. I don't know how to find out the first step "Update High Sierra till lates 17G14042". Where is the 17G14042 displayed? I have the very latest available on High Sierra when I run the Software Updates but this number doesn't display on the About page.

Can someone please provide unambiguous step by step instructions that someone like me, who is not a PhD in computer programming can follow? Ideally, links to any external sites needed to get the software. I can't run the 387.10.10.10.40.140 installer to reinstall the drivers any longer because of this error, and the display is unusable without graphics acceleration.

I have also a while ago purchased a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 recommended by Apple for metal at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898 a while ago, but this doesn't work at all on High Sierra 10.13.6 (black screen), and doesn't correctly align with my display's edges in Mojave, moreover there is no cursor.

My current situation is therefore that I have two graphics cards that don't work on either Mojave or High Sierra, but which used to.

Last edited:
None of this works for me on my MacPro mid 2012,5 - says "invalid command" for all the above steps I pasted in. I don't know how to find out the first step "Update High Sierra till lates 17G14042". Where is the 17G14042 displayed? I have the very latest available on High Sierra when I run the Software Updates.

Can someone please provide unambiguous step by step instructions that someone like me, who is not a PhD in computer programming can follow? Ideally, links to any external sites needed to get the software. I can't run the 387.10.10.10.40.140 installer to reinstall the drivers any longer because of this error, and the display is unusable without graphics acceleration.

I have also a while ago purchased a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 recommended by Apple for metal at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898 a while ago, but this doesn't work at all on High Sierra, and doesn't correctly align with my display's edges in Mojave, and there is no cursor.
go to About This Mac

click where it says version and it magically appears

Where is the 17G14042 displayed?
Just to the right of "10.13.6" in About this Mac window, if you click it. If the version is not 10.13.6 but something else, you will see a previous build number.

I can't run the 387.10.10.10.40.140 installer to reinstall the drivers any longer because of this error, and the display is unusable without graphics acceleration.
Your driver has been revoked, but Nvidia has recently issued a new, "certificated" driver good until October 2027. You can download and install it here, from post #131.

I have also a while ago purchased a SAPPHIRE Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB GDDR5 recommended by Apple for metal at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898 a while ago, but this doesn't work at all on High Sierra 10.13.6 (black screen), and doesn't correctly align with my display's edges in Mojave, moreover there is no cursor.
My computer at left, which runs Mojave 10.14.6 (build 18G9323) has been using the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro Plus for about 3 years now. I have no such problem. No idea why you are having that issue; but I have never used that graphics card on High Sierra, so can't help you there. If you have an actual Mac (not a Hackintosh), you might find more help in an Apple support forum.

P.S. I do know that my RX 580 card will give me a black screen if that tiny function switch at the top rear of the card is in the "rear" position (for lower clock speed and quieter fan). It "wants" to be in the forward position, at least on my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back