Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings everyone !

I've been struggling for the past 2 days trying to get my hackintosh to load the graphic card again, following the Nvidia Webdriver mess caused by Apple...

I managed to get my High Sierra build up to 17G14042 following the indications here, I've installed the latest webdriver and cuda, but I keep getting a black screen on boot... I can boot when disabling the GPU (I run a 980TI) but no matter what I do, I cannot fix the black screen issue.

I've changed nothing aside from doing security updates and installing new webdrivers. Everything was working fine until the revoked signature. I've changed nothing to my EFI which was working fine as well. I've followed up the indications to clean uninstall the old webdriver and reinstall them, but it still ends up in black screen at boot. I even added the boot argument amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 but to no avail...

Does anyone have any idea what I would need to look into first ? Did anyone have similar issue and managed to get it back to work ?

Thanks so much for your help, i've been on this for the past 48h and this is starting to drive me nuts...
boot flag shouldn't be needed:

boot flag shouldn't be needed:
Hey there ! Thanks, but i did try without the boot argument initially and still ended up with Blacks screen... I'm stuck as every guide or indications always end up with "install the right drivers (which I did) and voilà ! Reboot and you're good to go... except i'm not... Really no idea what could get it stuck with black screen considering it was working fine up until the Apple mess.
I might just end up switching to windows on that machine...

Hey there ! Thanks, but i did try without the boot argument initially and still ended up with Blacks screen... I'm stuck as every guide or indications always end up with "install the right drivers (which I did) and voilà ! Reboot and you're good to go... except i'm not... Really no idea what could get it stuck with black screen considering it was working fine up until the Apple mess.
I might just end up switching to windows on that machine...

Hi there.

I know it may sound obvious, but I have to ask, did you install the modified Web-Drivers you can find here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-certificates-expired.320609/post-2326893

These are basically the same drivers as the ones on the NVidia web-site and in our Download repository, but have had a new security certificate applied by Nvidia Support.

The boot-command should not be used with this version of the drivers.

Probably best to uninstall the original drivers and then re-install the new, as leaving the old ones in place may not work.

:)

Has tonymacx86's nVidia WebDriver entry listing for the 387-10-10-10-40-140 version been replaced with the new, certified one?

Not to my knowledge. Perhaps until some official confirmation of the driver's origins?

I realise I've been told not to be so sceptical about them, it does seem I may be being over-cautious. So many builders need these - me included.

Hi there.

I know it may sound obvious, but I have to ask, did you install the modified Web-Drivers you can find here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-certificates-expired.320609/post-2326893

These are basically the same drivers as the ones on the NVidia web-site and in our Download repository, but have had a new security certificate applied by Nvidia Support.

The boot-command should not be used with this version of the drivers.

Probably best to uninstall the original drivers and then re-install the new, as leaving the old ones in place may not work.

Greetings again !
And thank you so much ! That did it. I guess I had the old version of that "new" driver with the revoked certificate, though I did download it from one of the forum conversation about that issue.

So i've uninstalled my driver, rebooted while disabling nvidia driver, installed the WebDriver from the tonymac link you posted earlier, rebooted and, finally, I got my own voilà !

No need for that amfi boot argument.

In case others are having issue or hesitating, make sure to grab that link in post #148 above and thanks again for the help !

Now to get back to sorting out my HD....

I got an update from NVIDIA today. Installed the driver and restarted. Everything is back to normal!
So should we consider this a closed case?

I got an update from NVIDIA today. Installed the driver and restarted. Everything is back to normal!
So should we consider this a closed case?
I would assume so, at least til October 2027 if I understood well the certificate issue.. or unless Apple decide to be a pain again and somehow block the signature of that one too... Let's hope that they proved their point to Nvidia well enough and can leave us alone now XD

I would assume so, at least til October 2027 if I understood well the certificate issue.. or unless Apple decide to be a pain again and somehow block the signature of that one too... Let's hope that they proved their point to Nvidia well enough and can leave us alone now XD
Hmm.. Yes fingers crossed!

Hi guys, solution found

Update High Sierra till lates 17G14042
Cleanup NVIDIA Web driver (WEB-Drive-Toolkit From Github)
Make this in terminal console:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Add boot arguments in clover configurator as in attached screenshot
Add kext as in attached screenshot
Reboot (If you have black screen add temporary boot atgument nv_disable=1)
Install official driver 387.10.10.10.40.140

Reboot and Be Happy
This worked for me HIGHSIERRA 10.13.16 17G65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back