Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, putting just amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 to Clover commands solved my issue. Thank you.
That worked for me as well, but only in the temporarily boot...I don't remember how to make Clover changes permanent anymore lol

I've been trying to catch up on this topic over at Macrumors thread with 1000s of posts. I have a GTX680 in 2008 Mac Pro running Catalina, but just out-of-box Apple drivers, which appear to not be affected?

The whole bugaboo seems to come down to signing certificate revocation: in order to prevent a malicious 3rd party (ransomware group) from exploiting private keys lifted from Nvidia. The Apple/Nvidia feud seems to play into people's minds, but the truth is Nvidia doesn't even think it ever offered a Mac product, according to posted chats with Nvidia support.

If I follow this story — and I'm not sure I do — a 3rd party mishandling their crypto can lead to the denial of service for users of hardware in platforms that have already passed security checks for support of that HW? This seems outrageously broken. Dumbfounding really. Moronic.

If these systems are in critical path of other activity, it could lead to disaster. .

But maybe still more to tell... idk

I have a GTX680 in 2008 Mac Pro running Catalina, but just out-of-box Apple drivers, which appear to not be affected?

If I've understood your build correctly ... A GTX680 does not need the Nvidia web-drivers and was a natively supported card as far as Big Sur. This will be why it works OOB without any issues. The certificate problem is only with the Nvidia web-drivers so you should be okay. :thumbup:

As for the more general hullabaloo - I sympathise. So many posts by "experts" - it's hard to see the wood for the trees.

A GTX680 does not need the Nvidia web-drivers and was a natively supported card as far as Big Sur. This will be why it works OOB without any issues.
Ah-k, thanks

I recall paying a premium for this second-hand gpu that has Mac firmware, wondering/hoping to avoid such issues. But I take no solace in my refuge from the absurdity, only grateful to avoid the pain...

Re hullabaloo, the Macrumors discussion is 100:1 posts of desperation for workarounds to knowledge, with the only clear survival tactic being to restore from a backup and blackhole trust (certificate authority) updates. I agree that this tactic is not good: it's like canceling the CPU ADD operator because a certain program calculates 2+2 then ignores the result and overwrites it with 5. But I sympathize with people who are just trying to survive being attacked by broken security designs.

More perplexing I have seen serious arguments on that forum that one person's loss of the use of their system is another's gain against rogue code, which leaves me shaking my head at how messed up these architectures have become.

But the most telling argument I've seen is that the providers of these systems rightfully only care about their bottom lines so user's expectations should naturally be zero. To me this is an astonishing capitulation of the individual to his techno-masters. It renews my enthusiasm for unsupported-macs/hackintosh as valuable on their own terms.

The good news is that today we only struggle for control of PCs where too much of history is a struggle for control of human bodies.

It seems Nvidia is giving a re-packaged Web Driver to people who contacted.

Anyone has a best solutions for High Sierra v10.13.6 with GTX 750 Ti?
My graphic GTX 750 Ti is not working with High Sierra anymore, it was perfectly.
Now I cannot open the WebDriver to install for my GTX750Ti.
What should I do now?
I wish to downgrade to Sierra, but it not allow to download Mac OS Sierra in the AppStore now.
Anyone can share the link to download macOS Sierra and works with Unibeast.
Please help....

My graphic GTX 750 Ti is not working with High Sierra anymore, it was perfectly.
Now I cannot open the WebDriver to install for my GTX750Ti.
What should I do now?
I wish to downgrade to Sierra, but it not allow to download Mac OS Sierra in the AppStore now.
Anyone can share the link to download macOS Sierra and works with Unibeast.
Please help....
downgrading from High Sierra to Sierra won't help

although someone from here:

spoke to nvidia and got a working new driver direct from nvidia that seems to have worked for him

The best solution for the community would be for you and everyone affected to contact NVidia and ask for a properly signed driver. Hopefully the penny will eventually drop and the valid driver will be put up for download.

I got the one from "Google Drive" and it partially works. "Heaven" will run at fully-accelerated speed (on my GT1030) but will go black if I select "Benchmark." Valley will open its splash screen but will not run (tries but then goes black). Also for some reason I have lost all the audio devices on my Haswell computer. Working on that now.

I got the one from "Google Drive" and it partially works. "Heaven" will run at fully-accelerated speed (on my GT1030) but will go black if I select "Benchmark." Valley will open its splash screen but will not run (tries but then goes black). Also for some reason I have lost all the audio devices on my Haswell computer. Working on that now.

Hmm. Thanks for trying them. But that's annoying. Really we need some verification that those drivers are genuine Nvidia produced ones. Why would they not work as before if only the certificate part has been updated?

A few people have mentioned being offered new drivers by Nvidia support but it seems odd they haven't updated the public repository with them - I just checked etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back