Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Thanks for the update.

Let's see if it is repeatable. The problem is the Nvidia code-signing which has expired.

:)
Yup Yup that is the error. repacking should sign the pkg and you will be good to go or at least thats how it happened with me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.14.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.14.57 PM.png
    796.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.13.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 9.13.01 PM.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 104
Great. Thanks for the update.

Let's see if it is repeatable. The problem is the Nvidia code-signing which has expired.

Also here is the link to the thread where I found the info. Like I said worked for me. I left some screenshots in another reply post.

{
bogdanw
macrumors 68000
Thursday at 5:42 AM
Repack it:
Code:
pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.140.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp

pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp ~/Desktop/WebDriver-repack.pkg
}

Yup Yup that is the error. repacking should sign the pkg and you will be good to go or at least thats how it happened with me.

Excellent. Thank you.

Hopefully we'll get feedback as more people try this.

(I still can't get my head around how Nvidia's revoked certificate can be re-signed just by repackaging it locally, but hey, if it works ... )

Perhaps the reason is that if you have SIP disabled the kexts will work without signing? Do you have SIP disabled?

Many builders these days keep SIP enabled for security.

Hi guys, solution found

Update High Sierra till lates 17G14042
Cleanup NVIDIA Web driver (WEB-Drive-Toolkit From Github)
Make this in terminal console:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Add boot arguments in clover configurator as in attached screenshot
Add kext as in attached screenshot
Reboot (If you have black screen add temporary boot atgument nv_disable=1)
Install official driver 387.10.10.10.40.140

Reboot and Be Happy
Thank you so much, and P1lgrim for sending me to this post. Have been struggling since Friday :banghead:.

This is working for now. :headbang:

A little too radical for me (and too late anyway), but subsequent posts seem helpful, although over my head. I guess I don't understand the concept of an app's signature "expiring" once considered valid. Why would that be necessary? (I am unfortunately acutely aware that although my personal signature is considered valid, it will inevitably "expire" along with me in a few years, but why deliberately disable a working piece of hardware just because it's old?)

This is a pretty good overview of why certificates in general expire. Apple isn't specifically targeting users of the Nvidia web drivers with this, it's just an unfortunate side effect of what are considered security best practices.

1) I would then be on the APFS file system, which I abhor.
2) I would not longer be able to play Myst IV Revelation, Myst V End of Ages, URU Complete Chronicles, or any 32-bit app, on those computers.
3) I would be poorer by $300+.
4) I would have a working Gigabyte Nvidia GT1030 and a working GTX 1050 TI OC graphics card but no way to use either one.
Due to inflated GPU prices and gamers demand you can easily sell those two cards and get a couple of RX 460/560s that should work with High Sierra. Stay on HFS+ keep playing your games, use 32bit apps etc.

Hi guys, solution found

Update High Sierra till lates 17G14042
Cleanup NVIDIA Web driver (WEB-Drive-Toolkit From Github)
Make this in terminal console:
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -u /
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Add boot arguments in clover configurator as in attached screenshot
Add kext as in attached screenshot
Reboot (If you have black screen add temporary boot atgument nv_disable=1)
Install official driver 387.10.10.10.40.140

Reboot and Be Happy
this method doesn't helped me

But,

See conversation with nvidia support from 6.6.2022

Arun: Hi, my name is Arun. How may I help you?

Ben Stevens (from Nvidia Support ): Hi since 2. Of June a lot of Nvidia User and me got this problem: NVidia WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.140 Signature/Certificate invalid. GPU Kexts unable to install/load.

Arun: Hello Ben

Ben Stevens: See link: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...u-kexts-unable-to-install-load.2346484/page-2

Arun: I am sorry for the inconvenience and would be glad to assist you

Arun: what is the graphics card and the Operating System ?

Ben Stevens: Operating system is macpro 5.1 OS X 10.13.11 high sierra, using Nvidia GTX 980 ti. Was working until 2.6., I didn’t change anything of system/software/driver. Web driver is last version387.10.10.10.40.140 it seems the certificate is not covered anymore. A lot of user are favoring the problem see link

Arun: thank you for the details

Arun: unfortunately the drivers for this configuration are not available on the NVIDIA website

Arun: The graphic cards for Apple are custom designed by Apple to suit the MAC architecture hence the drivers are fully controlled by them to support individual OS or later updates, etc., This needs to be approved by Apple that a compatible driver is available for the OS

Arun: Apple fully controls drivers for Mac OS. Unfortunately, NVIDIA currently cannot release a driver unless it is approved by Apple

Ben Stevens: So who released the webdriver? Apple?

Ben Stevens: This is a NVidia software for NVidia cards…

Arun: yes the point of contact would be Apple for the compatible drivers

Ben Stevens: NVidia released always a new webdriver for every OS X built

Ben Stevens: it’s not from Apple

Ben Stevens: See https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/136062/de

Arun: you may click on the following link for the driver from NVIDIA, however unfortunately it does not include the graphics card you have mentioned, GTX 980 Ti

Arun: the only cards that were supported by this driver are listed under the supported products on this page

Arun: if there were drivers available, we would have definitely offered them to you

Ben Stevens: and who released the webdriver built 387.10.10.10.40.140?

Arun: the best might be to check with Apple for information on this driver

Arun: sorry please ignore, this driver too is available on the NVIDIA website

but again it does not include the graphics card you have mentioned

Arun: https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/167083/

Ben Stevens: Why should Apple deliver support for Nvidia driver released by Nvidia when the certificate ended intentionally by nvidia?

Ben Stevens: We both know that Apple wouldn’t support

Arun: could you let us know where do you see this information ?

Ben Stevens: https://factslasopa578.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/5/6/125602654/872533542.gif

Ben Stevens: This installer (see gif) is from Nvidia right? So the webdriver is and always was

Communication with Oracle Service Cloud Chat service has been lost. The chat session has been terminated. Check your network connection and verify that you can connect to other sites on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back