Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref: my post #75 above... I would sure appreciate it if someone running High Sierra with a Pascal or Maxwell graphics card and is also using Open Core 0.8.0 could either confirm my wild guess or shoot it down!
Thanks!

Ref: my post #75 above... I would sure appreciate it if someone running High Sierra with a Pascal or Maxwell graphics card and is also using Open Core 0.8.0 could either confirm my wild guess or shoot it down!
Thanks!
I wouldn't dream of saying you are wrong ... In this game a lot of things happen by fluke that are unreproducible but genuinely happening.

I have High Sierra running the Web-Drivers and OC 0.8.0 on a GT 1030 Pascal card and what was working perfectly before is now hamstrung without hardware acceleration. (I have subsequently swapped to a Dell RX560 GPU instead).

There are many "magic" cures being touted by men in funny hats selling strange looking medicine in old-style bottles ... but a lot of it is just placebo. No real substance. Some of it can actually do harm by compromising macOS security.

Personally I do not think Whatevergreen is overriding the certificate fail, but I'd love to be proved wrong!

So, no help, I'm sorry, but if your system is working the same as ever, great! :thumbup:

I have High Sierra running the Web-Drivers and OC 0.8.0 on a GT 1030 Pascal card and what was working perfectly before is now hamstrung without hardware acceleration.
Thanks for replying; I would say you have shot down my wild guess, unless your versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts were not the same as mine. It is always better to know, anyway. That still leaves me with the mystery of two working computers with full acceleration running a GT1030 and GTX1050 TI OC respectively. Is it possible that things are still working because I have the "config.plist/Root/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel" Value set to Disabled instead of Default?
Mini-ITX 1.jpg
Mini-ITX 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for replying; I would say you have shot down my wild guess, unless your versions of Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts were not the same as mine. It is always better to know, anyway. That still leaves me with the mystery of two working computers with full acceleration running a GT1030 and GTX1050 TI OC respectively.
View attachment 549249View attachment 549250

As I hinted - many people report success using one or other of the magic cures. My suggestion would be - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Especially if you haven't tried the Apple server-spoofing solution.

What seems to happen is that the drivers will continue to work fine - and then maybe suddenly stop. I have wondered if this is because the certificate checks are not every boot, or not at all once installed. Unless something we do causes a re-validation, and then things go wrong. Happy to be proved wrong.

:)

I suppose that every Open Core user has their config.plist//Root/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel Value set to "Default" per the Guide, but all my computers are set to "Disabled." Maybe that's it? No signature check if "Disabled?"

I suppose that every Open Core user has their config.plist//Root/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel Value set to "Default" per the Guide, but all my computers are set to "Disabled." Maybe that's it? No signature check if "Disabled?"
Want to set it to default, reboot and see what happens ? I didn't think you would.

If anyone with a Nvidia Pascal or Maxwell card wants to try that, we could possibly offer a
much safer and simpler solution than what is being proposed so far.

Want to set it to default, reboot and see what happens ? I didn't think you would. :)
Correct. But maybe someone who already has it set to Default would like to try Disabled... and let us know what happens.

I wouldn't dream of saying you are wrong ... In this game a lot of things happen by fluke that are unreproducible but genuinely happening.

I have High Sierra running the Web-Drivers and OC 0.8.0 on a GT 1030 Pascal card and what was working perfectly before is now hamstrung without hardware acceleration. (I have subsequently swapped to a Dell RX560 GPU instead).

There are many "magic" cures being touted by men in funny hats selling strange looking medicine in old-style bottles ... but a lot of it is just placebo. No real substance. Some of it can actually do harm by compromising macOS security.

Personally I do not think Whatevergreen is overriding the certificate fail, but I'd love to be proved wrong!

So, no help, I'm sorry, but if your system is working the same as ever, great! :thumbup:
Respectable opinion, a point of view. I do not believe that they are magical issues and that they occur by chance, however the incidence of the observer in a system has been demonstrated.

I don't think it's the place to publish monographs on the topics. If you believe that security is violated, I think you are not aware of the huge security gaps that just connecting to the internet implies.

But hey, I'm not trying to convince anyone. :clap:

Is running a GPU on a modern macOS version without Metal API support a useful thing?

For sure I have built a few machines "behind the scenes" here using a GT1050 and GT1030 with both Big Sur and Monterey - using no hacked drivers. I had no hardware acceleration at all, but I got VESA output and could use the systems.
Their solution was more than just VESA output, which meant that many outdated Macs can be used normally unless they need to use apps that require Metal. The team has had allowed many Macs with an outdated Nvidia and AMD GPU to be usable again.

I don't think it's the place to publish monographs on the topics.
What I have been doing is offering anyone who reads this thread, more information so that they can make up their own minds on what to do.

Suggesting I am wrong to do so is a strange viewpoint to take. Good luck with your endeavours, but perhaps let other people decide for themselves.

Their solution was more than just VESA output, which meant that many outdated Macs can be used normally unless they need to use apps that require Metal. The team has had allowed many Macs with an outdated Nvidia and AMD GPU to be usable again.

I'm sure that if running macOS without Metal API support is viable for some users, then great. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back