Contribute
Register

The app’s authorization has been revoked (High Sierra NVIDIA graphics certificates expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth to the discussion, I fully understand people' frustration at discovering their NVidia GPUs no longer have hardware supported acceleration - I am one - but step back and look at the results of all these "patches" and "word-arounds". Nothing works as advertised except for a certain person at a certain point in time and probably only while disconnected from the Internet. Rebooting with Internet access seems to scupper most attempts.

macOS security has been steadily improving - or getting tougher if you prefer - making hacks and patches not quite as easy as they once were.

In truth proper NVidia support ended with High Sierra - an OS from 5-years ago. Since then only the natively-supported devices Apple themselves used, have functioned, and even those began to show artefacts and glitches from Big Sur on. (I did the tests).

Web-sites have been quick to post verified solutions that actually, everyday users, aren't always able to replicate.

So the thread title is what it is.

If you get the NVidia Web-Drivers working - Yay!! - otherwise ... Stay with High Sierra disconnected from a time server, or the Internet altogether. But for an easier life swap to a supported AMD GPU and just relax. Heck most builders spend a genuine fortune on CPUs and GPUs these days, those stuck at High Sierra for old software reasons, are just plain missing out.

For what it is worth to the discussion, I fully understand people' frustration at discovering their NVidia GPUs no longer have hardware supported acceleration - I am one - but step back and look at the results of all these "patches" and "work-arounds". Nothing works as advertised except for a certain person at a certain point in time and probably only while disconnected from the Internet. Rebooting with Internet access seems to scupper most attempts.
+1000

For what it is worth to the discussion, I fully understand people' frustration at discovering their NVidia GPUs no longer have hardware supported acceleration - I am one - but step back and look at the results of all these "patches" and "word-arounds". Nothing works as advertised except for a certain person at a certain point in time and probably only while disconnected from the Internet. Rebooting with Internet access seems to scupper most attempts.

macOS security has been steadily improving - or getting tougher if you prefer - making hacks and patches not quite as easy as they once were.

In truth proper NVidia support ended with High Sierra - an OS from 5-years ago. Since then only the natively-supported devices Apple themselves used, have functioned, and even those began to show artefacts and glitches from Big Sur on. (I did the tests).

Web-sites have been quick to post verified solutions that actually, everyday users, aren't always able to replicate.

So the thread title is what it is.

If you get the NVidia Web-Drivers working - Yay!! - otherwise ... Stay with High Sierra disconnected from a time server, or the Internet altogether. But for an easier life swap to a supported AMD GPU and just relax. Heck most builders spend a genuine fortune on CPUs and GPUs these days, those stuck at High Sierra for old software reasons, are just plain missing out.

The solution is here and it works, it is not different from others:

For new installations of High Sierra, the installer is repackaged.

pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.140.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp ~/Desktop/WebDriver-repack.pkg

Same with the Cuda installer

pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/cudadrive_418.163_macos.pkg ~/Desktop/cuda_temp
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/cuda_temp ~/Desktop/cuda-repack.pkg

And add: amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1

For systems that stopped working:

Reboot (If you have black screen add temporary boot atgument nv_disable=1)

Step 1. Launch Terminal and enter the command

‘sudo nano /etc/hosts’,

once prompted provide the password.

Step 2. Append the following lines to the file's contents:

127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com
127.0.0.1 ocsp2.apple.com
127.0.0.1 ocsp.digicert.com

Save changes and exit.

Step 3. Run the following batch of Terminal commands:

crlrefresh rp sudo rm -f /var/db/crls/*cache?.db
sudo date -u 020200002020

Removed: nv_disable=1

Reboot

Update the date and voila.

It is not a question of continuing to consume and discarding this is different from innovating

Last edited:
The solution is here and it works, it is not different from others:
For new installations of High Sierra, the installer is repackaged.

pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.140.pkg ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/WebDriver_temp ~/Desktop/WebDriver-repack.pkg

Same with the Cuda installer

pkgutil --expand ~/Desktop/cudadrive_418.163_macos.pkg ~/Desktop/cuda_temp
pkgutil --flatten ~/Desktop/cuda_temp ~/Desktop/cuda-repack.pkg

And for systems that stopped working:

Reboot (If you have black screen add temporary boot atgument nv_disable=1)

Step 1. Launch Terminal and enter the command

‘sudo nano /etc/hosts’,

once prompted provide the password.

Step 2. Append the following lines to the file's contents:

127.0.0.1 ocsp.apple.com
127.0.0.1 ocsp2.apple.com
127.0.0.1 ocsp.digicert.com

Save changes and exit.

Step 3. Run the following batch of Terminal commands:

crlrefresh rp sudo rm -f /var/db/crls/*cache?.db
sudo date -u 020200002020

Removed: nv_disable=1

Reboot

Update the date and voila.

It is not a question of continuing to consume and discarding this is different from innovating
Yes, this method is one often quoted out on the web. How do you stop the system from verifying the certificate when connected to the Internet on Reboot?

Can you see what you have done by repacking the driver?

Glad it works for you but this is not repeatable for most ... I think Apple would call this a major flaw in their security if it was so easy to install unsigned kernel-extensions even in user-space, just by repacking someone else's driver. That's a back-door, wide open.

Sorry, but I stand by my post.

Last edited:
How do you stop the "date" from updating when connected to the Internet?

Can you see what you have done by repacking the driver?

Sorry, but I stand by my post.
I don't avoid it, the date is already updated and the system continues to work, with the normal date.

I don't avoid it, the date is already updated and the system continues to work, with the normal date.
Which Nvidia graphics card are you using ? Only a Radeon VII in your hardware profile.

Which Nvidia graphics card are you using ? Only a Radeon VII in your hardware profile.
GTX 1080, 2 GTX980, GTX680.

GTX 1080, 2 GTX980, GTX680.
The GTX 680 is a Kepler card that doesn't require web drivers.

The 1080 and 980 are Pascal cards that do require web drivers.

The GTX 680 is a Kepler card that doesn't require web drivers.

The 1080 and 980 are Pascal cards that do require web drivers.

GTX 680 to enable CUDA yes,

If you have them installed, the computer does not start
just start with

nv_disable=1

And switch to native High Sierra drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back