Motherboard
MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015
CPU
i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel Iris 6100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello! I am happy to join this forum! I read it for quite a while and appreciate the content.

I hope you can held me. I have an issue with Safari, it is available in applications, but on clicking it a message appears saying it can't run.
Could anyone share Safari installer compatible with Catalina? Or maybe there is a debugger, I just need Safari to run again.
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 20.33.51.png

Hello! I am happy to join this forum! I read it for quite a while and appreciate the content.

I hope you can held me. I have an issue with Safari, it is available in applications, but on clicking it a message appears saying it can't run.
Could anyone share Safari installer compatible with Catalina? Or maybe there is a debugger, I just need Safari to run again.View attachment 490259

Hi there.

Unfortunately Safari is no-longer available as a separate app. It is a part of macOS and only gets updated if Apple updates it through Software Update.

Are you running the latest version of Catalina, 10.15.7 ? Updating to the latest will reinstall Safari.

Also a Time Machine backup might work to restore it.

The only other option (I can think of) is to reinstall macOS. If you do this when your disk already has an installation on it, the updater should leave all your present apps and data alone. This update takes about twice as long as a fresh install.

:)

Thank you for your help!
I have had no time to reply earlier. The situation went on as follows:
I have found a Safari unofficial installer, and managed to install it on my macbook. I could not manage its settings though. Finally, I updated to Big Sur, and the issue was gone. However, Safari got strange presets like searchpulse.com for a home page and Yahoo for search redirect. I think I have a virus on my mac that somehow survives even major system updates. Maybe that is due to firewall exception for Apple software abused by third-party apps...

Maybe you have installed browser called Brave? It is by default set to promote Search Pulse redirect, the browser GUI looks like taken from Chrome and slightly reworked. This Search Pulse uses Yahoo search engine while intercepting your search requests. See the screenshots.
I believe the viral redirect is still around, Big Sur is also vulnerable to its attacks. It is rather a matter of what you install, some apps create login items and even configuration profiles to hijack Safari.
Here is the most comprehensive info on Yahoo redirect IMHO
https://macsecurity.net/view/259-yahoo-redirect-virus-mac
Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 19.46.28.png
Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 19.54.19.png

Attachments

• 1612806940326.png
    1612806940326.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back