Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, awesomeness. Now, how did you go about this. My computer just won't utilize all the monitors when I plug 3 in. Grrrr

Correct me if I'm wrong but you also need to make sure that you're using supported monitors in terms of if they're digital/analogue output?

According to the cards specs though you can use 4 screens coming off all the output ports.

As always I am a little late to the dance but, I wanted to report that FCPX works great with this card.

Have you tried to do effects (try a few, like Sepia and Film Grain) on the project and see if it will render anything beyond 10-15 min Full HD footage, without Console reporting Open GL errors ?

If you do not get any errors and eminently crash/system crash, then please let us know what version and what drivers your on ? (Mulitibeast/Nvidia official)

Instead of having to go back and read 44 pages....

660ti 670

7870 7950

5870 or 6870 ??

i just returned a msi 660 non ti due to good fps but bad stuttering in games like diablo 2 and gw2

I really would prefer to go 7950 since the high memory bandwidth of radeon cards will help my

27" 2560x1440..

thoughts?

Fresh install of 10.8.2, Nvidia GPU & CUDA drivers. That's all. No multibeast graphics fixes or kexts.

Will try again tonight.

Sentur- Could the fact I am using a DVI to VGA, be the problem. I get all 3 monitors in Windows.

Unklemac2- I have never made a 10-15 minute timeline and not had even Premiere Pro act up with out rendering the timeline. Especially, when applying massive effects.

Instead of having to go back and read 44 pages....

660ti 670

7870 7950

5870 or 6870 ??

i just returned a msi 660 non ti due to good fps but bad stuttering in games like diablo 2 and gw2

I really would prefer to go 7950 since the high memory bandwidth of radeon cards will help my

27" 2560x1440..

thoughts?

I am really lost as to the question?

Okay, dtrvndrn. I tried what you suggested and it works. I can't plug in HDMI on boot but if I need the third monitor then it is right there when I need it via HDMI. Thank you so much for your help everyone. :)

Maybe, I should post a write up?

Sorry i wanted to keep my post short and sweet since i am prone to excessive banter.

they call me the thread killer in these parts... havent you heard.

Ive done tons of research already...

so far ive gathered that the gtx 6xx lack in performance on mountain lion and have issues with fcp...

studies show a 60% chance the new 2013 mac pros will sport a 7950

same studies prove radeon 7xxx cards are working on 8.3 preview.. not sure on how well.

after having performance issues with my 660 (windows and os x) i did some research and found the problem of stuttery frames to be very common especially with diablo2

not sure if that shows bad drivers or bad hardware...

my research shows that radeons 5770 5870 and 6870 work great in os x and have worked great for a while now...

ive seen complaints about expensive kepler cards getting similar benchmarks as the 6870's etc.. that they replaced..

at the end of the day

i want the most os x friendly so thats why i initially chose kepler...

however I realize this might not be best so I want to hear first hand from 660 ti and 670 owners to see if going form my gk 106 to a gk 104 will bring me joy and bliss that can radiate from the 27" monitor in front of me.

so if you are still with me in...

those of you who have purchased 660ti's or higher... do you have buyers remourse?

would you live on the edge and go radeon 7xxx

or would u say screw kepler

wait for the 2013 mac pro

and buy a oem version of that card.

Okay, dtrvndrn. I tried what you suggested and it works. I can't plug in HDMI on boot but if I need the third monitor then it is right there when I need it via HDMI. Thank you so much for your help everyone. :)

Maybe, I should post a write up?
I reported this earlier as well. If a DVI port is used besides mDP or HDMI the card insists on using DVI for boot. I'd love to hear it if someone knows a way to change this. (this is during BIOS boot, not OSX)

About DVI-VGA adapters, if I recall correctly only 1 DVI plug is DVI-I, which means it has both digital and analog signals. The other is DVI-D so only digital, and that doesn't work with a (passive) VGA adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back