Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 670 GTX and can confirm that console is reporting OPEN GL crash in FCP X, with the newest Nvidia (304.xxx.xxx) driver and CUDA installed (which has nothing to do with Apple).

Would really really like a solution to this crash problem, since the background render is the app-killer.

For those that have working 6xx Nvidia cards, what did you do to make it work ?

There's loads of tests all over the web on that subject. Some non-references provide quite a cooling improvement, others less. The reference one does have the benefit that it blows the hot air right out of your computer case.

I second this. Is FCPx working with GT660 ti?

Seemed to be reading a lot of mixed reports of luck with this card. Planning to go NVIDIA because of the customac guide listing, OOB support and because I believe CUDA cores can be better utilised than ATI cards by Photoshop and CS5-6.

Is this a fair assumption or would an ATI card like the 6870 be a better bet for Photo retouching, design and 3D work?

As always I am a little late to the dance but, I wanted to report that FCPX works great with this card.
I can't get 3 monitors though. Which is important if I decide to keep this card. Any help is appreciated.
BTW, I am using the Gigabyte 660ti.

Very interesting and encouraging Solidww! Especially tht you have FCPx working.

Out of interest why versions of OS x are you running and which version of FCPx?

I have Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6. I am also using 10.8.2 since it fully supports the 660ti.

I am wondering sentur, have you seen anyone post that they got their 660 ti to work with 3 monitors. That is one of the biggest reasons I went with this GPU. If I can't get 3 monitors then I will just switch back to the 9800GT as the computer and software were running fine with that card.

I have Final Cut Pro X 10.0.6. I am also using 10.8.2 since it fully supports the 660ti.

I am wondering sentur, have you seen anyone post that they got their 660 ti to work with 3 monitors. That is one of the biggest reasons I went with this GPU. If I can't get 3 monitors then I will just switch back to the 9800GT as the computer and software were running fine with that card.

4 screens: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ead-questions-answers-here-38.html#post473226

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back