Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried running Photoshop and Aperture by themselves?

OK. right now I'm going to use only Aperture and Safari, without sound etc.

:( It takes aperture about 5-7 min to slow down again

and FullHD video is strobing sometimes. has anybody decision?

strange that sleep mode works very well.

I tried to install system with open CL patch from MB (slugnet's manual) and update it to 10.8.2

I tried to install 10.8.2 + nvidia driver + cuda

I don't understand now what to do :(

OK. right now I'm going to use only Aperture and Safari, without sound etc.

:( It takes aperture about 5-7 min to slow down again

and FullHD video is strobing sometimes. has anybody decision?

strange that sleep mode works very well.

I tried to install system with open CL patch from MB (slugnet's manual) and update it to 10.8.2

I tried to install 10.8.2 + nvidia driver + cuda

I don't understand now what to do :(
For my MSI card i didn't need any of the MB patches/kexts with 10.8.2. Install 10.8.2, nvidia drivers, cuda drivers. That's it. No problems at all.

If you're upgrading from a previous ML version you might have to make sure you delete all MB gfx card add-ons you had installed for it to function properly in 10.8.2. I did a clean install.

For my MSI card i didn't need any of the MB patches/kexts with 10.8.2. Install 10.8.2, nvidia drivers, cuda drivers. That's it. No problems at all.

If you're upgrading from a previous ML version you might have to make sure you delete all MB gfx card add-ons you had installed for it to function properly in 10.8.2. I did a clean install.

I am upgrading from 10.8.0 to 10.8.2. I try to install clean 10.8.2 right now

well... it seems that system works a little better... but not ideal. video still freezes :(

Have you got this one http://www.dabs.com/products/msi-ge...mi-power-edition-87Q0.html?q=msi 660ti&src=16 ?

I wanted a 650gtx ti to save some money but seems 660ti is a better card and more compatible Are there any recommendations for which 660ti to get? Just want something quiet and handle premiere pro well.

Yes that's the one. 660ti is definitely ahead of the 650, very close to the 670 actually. Don't think you'll notice the difference with premiere though. It's in 3d gaming etc that these card get really loaded. If premiere is your main interest you should look for info on the optimal CUDA core count and memory size for it and pick your card accordingly. With a 660ti you might be paying more for 3d capabilities you're not going to use.

As for OSX support, mine is great, no complaints. My experiences are logged earlier in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back