Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec... In OpenGL Extension Viewer, change the OpenGL Profile dropdown menu from to compatibility to core and it will say 3.2 now.

MaxMSP does state 2.1 as the loaded OpenGL version though.

Yes .. ! i change to core and it say 3,2 open gl !

Then we are using the full potential of our 660ti ?

Because i have a poor performance in every game... compared to my old 6870 :(

Pdt , in core mode try to make any test in the same app ... in my case the app crash making any test in opengl 3.1 or above ....

This tell me , the 3.1 and above open gl.. is really not fully supported.

Also i find this link :

https://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/capabilities/

Only worked well when you missed it? Meaning it didn't work well if you installed the open cl patch from multi beast?

About auto sleep on msi gtx 660 ti,

My auto sleep works perfect with my old ATI hd 6870.
After install the MSI 660 ti, auto sleep start to act strange. I think i could find a pattern, auto sleep works only once after boot. After wakeup auto sleep stop work.

Today i tried a tip from other post, put the display sleep timer different from computer sleep timer.
In my case 5m to display and 6m to PC. Until now auto sleep is working perfect. I could auto sleep more then 5 times.

Question:
Still need to install OpenCL enabler from multibeast if i use MLion 10.8.2 pen to install OSX? I didnt install the multibeast OpenCL enabler and graphics seem to be as suppose. Can run all benchmark apps, and the scores are normal (inc luxmark). Maybe i m missing something?

Thanks

Apple Cinema Display 24"

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can use an Apple Cinema Display 24" with the "NVidia" Geforce GTX 660Ti card. I can access my BIOS and Chimera boot screens with no problems. This is just a FYI.

Yes .. ! i change to core and it say 3,2 open gl !

Something else I noticed in OpenGl Extension Viewer 4.0: select Apple Software Renderer instead of the GTX under Renderers and it's still only up to 2.1 that 100% support is stated.

Is it maybe an OSX thing? Did you find any cards that actually give full 3.2 support?

oh... who knows what a problem it could be:

my system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
RAM 16 Gb

The system works great very long in all the applications before I start Aperture or Photoshop. After that the system start to work very slowly or even freeze. But not immediately: at first everything works fine. But in a short time performance falls, interface changes not smoothly and system can freeze or show me low performance till I reboot it. If the system freeze at the time when the music is playing it continues to play without problems, but no keys on a keyboard are working and I need to press reset button to restart. It is only happens if I work with Aperture or Photoshop.

- I tried to install system like Slugnet recommended.
- I tried to install 10.8, update to 10.8.2, install only cuda + nvidia drivers.

In both cases, the result is the same.

I'm going crazy...

oh... who knows what a problem it could be:

my system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
RAM 16 Gb

The system works great very long in all the applications before I start Aperture or Photoshop. After that the system start to work very slowly or even freeze. But not immediately: at first everything works fine. But in a short time performance falls, interface changes not smoothly and system can freeze or show me low performance till I reboot it. If the system freeze at the time when the music is playing it continues to play without problems, but no keys on a keyboard are working and I need to press reset button to restart. It is only happens if I work with Aperture or Photoshop.

- I tried to install system like Slugnet recommended.
- I tried to install 10.8, update to 10.8.2, install only cuda + nvidia drivers.

In both cases, the result is the same.

I'm going crazy...

Have you tried running Photoshop and Aperture by themselves?

Hello everyone!

I must say I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but saw some good information around here. Some pointed to the latest CUDA drivers (released on 2012.10.01), and another pointing to useful a guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...d5h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti.html).

Problem:
Sometimes (and I am yet to figure out when and why) the whole system freezes. It happened once while launching Transmit, once while launching FireFox and another opening 5 RAW image files on Photoshop. I then installed the "NVIDIA GTX 670/680/690 support" from multi beast 5.1.3 and it didn't happen again since then *crosses fingers*

I happened to take a look at the console right after one of those freezes and saw this two lines spreaded there:

NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error
NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x8 = Fifo: Watchdog Timeout Error

Is there any fix already for this?
How can I test it out so I know what I'm doing?
I used Cinebench and it worked fine (39.52fps).

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back