Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just Linux and OS X that sleep doesn't work with my 660 ti apparently. I just had it crash in Windows 7 too... right after waking from sleep. Looks like it might be a problem with the card itself or a bug in its bios.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 791
I just thought I'd share this with everyone. My hack is dual booted with OS X ML and Win8 Pro. I'm using Parallels Desktop to access my Win8 Pro HD, kinda like Bootcamp. Anyway, I was playing some games through Parallels Desktop and noticed how smooth they were playing and decided to benchmark the video performance of Parallels Desktop for gaming, the results are pretty good for DirectX 9. DirectX 10 & 11 kept crashing, so no results. Here is a screen shot:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.04.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 1.04.00 PM.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 249
I just thought I'd share this with everyone. My hack is dual booted with OS X ML and Win8 Pro. I'm using Parallels Desktop to access my Win8 Pro HD, kinda like Bootcamp. Anyway, I was playing some games through Parallels Desktop and noticed how smooth they were playing and decided to benchmark the video performance of Parallels Desktop for gaming, the results are pretty good for DirectX 9. DirectX 10 & 11 kept crashing, so no results. Here is a screen shot:
Hi, did you install nvidia drivers for Windows under Parallel ?
Because the nvidia installer doesn't allow me to ..

Nicola

Hi, did you install nvidia drivers for Windows under Parallel ?
Because the nvidia installer doesn't allow me to ..

Nicola

No, not in Parallels, I have Win8 Dual booted with OS X, installed everything natively in Win8, just accessing it through Parallels.

No, not in Parallels, I have Win8 Dual booted with OS X, installed everything natively in Win8, just accessing it through Parallels.

brief OT:
I'm new to all this and I wasn't aware that you can access to an already installed Windows, I've reinstalled Win 8 through Parallels, what's the option to use the already installed Windows ?

thanks
Nicola

When i follow that guide, i get keeping the same error that others have .

Missing Operation System ( Windows8 is working perfect on its own ).

What did you do special whit your configuration ?

Nothing really, try this, goto the configure screen for the Windows 8 VM, then chose Hardware, Harddisk 1, press edit partitions, make sure both partitions are checked. Restart Parallels, start Win8. You might have to uncheck both partitions then restart parallels, then check them again.

Nothing really, try this, goto the configure screen for the Windows 8 VM, then chose Hardware, Harddisk 1, press edit partitions, make sure both partitions are checked. Restart Parallels, start Win8. You might have to uncheck both partitions then restart parallels, then check them again.
wrong thread guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back