Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dtrvndrn: Could you please share with us your bios settings/work flow for installing OS X?

I am now trying to do a clean install of os x 10.8.2 and then for graphics just install the nvidia drivers.
Plain standard uni+multibeast install. First installed OSX with the card removed, running the display on HD3000. When OSX is installed: put card in, GE=no, install nvidia drivers. No multibeast graphics patches!

I have been running an evga GTX570 for a year and half, or so now. I't was a pain to get fully configured with 10.7 and I haven't done much upgrading because I don't want to go through the config nightmare again.

Would the 66Ti be an easier, more supported, more seamless card to work with? It seems that in general the 6XX card have had much more success than the 5XX cards did. True?

Id love to upgrade if would mean I could run multibeast and get full acceleration in a couple of steps.

Hello,

I am looking for a graphics card for my hackintosh.
The 660 ti seems perfect, but what about compatibility with FCPX??

I read with MacOSX 10.8.2 it works better. This is true for everyone?
I use a lot FCPX, I'm afraid to buy a 660TI and it does not work.

Thank you for your help.

FCPX runs fine with a 660Ti. Nothing to worry about. If it doesn't :( a re-install with correct drivers should fix it. :)

LERXST.
I have been running an evga GTX570 for a year and half, or so now. I't was a pain to get fully configured with 10.7 and I haven't done much upgrading because I don't want to go through the config nightmare again.

Would the 66Ti be an easier, more supported, more seamless card to work with? It seems that in general the 6XX card have had much more success than the 5XX cards did. True?

Id love to upgrade if would mean I could run multibeast and get full acceleration in a couple of steps.

10.8.2 added such wonderful support for GPUs that it would be a great idea to upgrade. Of course back-up before or test install to make sure your 570 will run in 10.8.2. I know it improved how Bossman's computer runs with his GTX480 by a lot! :p

Is this as good a deal as it seems?

MSI N660TI-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127711&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122612&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122612-_-EMC-122612-Index-_-DesktopGraphicsVideoCards-_-14127711-L011A

$269 before $30 MIR

Wow, as a european you would consider this as free.
It´s like 40% off (compared to EU prices) with a triple-A Title included.

Get it!

BTW: I will never understand why those things are so cheap in the States.
There´s just no rational reason for that. (don´t blame it on ww2)

oh... who knows what a problem it could be:

my system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti 2GB
RAM 16 Gb

The system works great very long in all the applications before I start Aperture or Photoshop. After that the system start to work very slowly or even freeze. But not immediately: at first everything works fine. But in a short time performance falls, interface changes not smoothly and system can freeze or show me low performance till I reboot it. If the system freeze at the time when the music is playing it continues to play without problems, but no keys on a keyboard are working and I need to press reset button to restart. It is only happens if I work with Aperture or Photoshop.

- I tried to install system like Slugnet recommended.
- I tried to install 10.8, update to 10.8.2, install only cuda + nvidia drivers.

In both cases, the result is the same.

I'm going crazy...

Hi tordin,

I have the same problem.

I don't use aperture or photoshop on this particular build.
I noticed that the machine will slow to a crawl (gui-wise) and then lock up completely. No input from keyboard or mouse. Sound will continue for some time before that eventually stops too.

I had replaced everything: motherboard, ram, cpu, drives... except the 660Ti.

After looking through several feedback posts on various stores, forums, etc... I noticed that a small percentage of windoze users also complain of their systems locking up with this card. Replacing the card seems to be the answer. Apparently there's a small percentage of defective cards out there.

I'm replacing my card this weekend with an older radeon to see if the issue goes away.

It's interesting to note that my particular version of the card is overclocked by giga-byte. I'm half wondering if there's a way to force the card to operate at a slower well-defined speed. Unfortunately, I don't see a way of doing that in Mac... Maybe windoze version of software driver kit has a control panel or something.

I'll post back when I can...

I have an ASUS GTX 660 Ti and mine worked perfectly out of box (running 10.8.2). Only thing you have to do is boot with GraphicsEnabler=No which you can set in multibeast. If you're interested, here's the exact card I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121653

It's a fantastic card not only because it's powerful, but because it's DEAD silent. The cooler on this thing is awesome. The fan runs at ~900 RPM at both idle and load. It never spins up (granted I am running it at stock speeds; might be different if you choose to overclock it) and idles at ~27 degrees celsius and never goes above 65 at load.

I agree with the quote below, it just works. I paid a little more for it, but went with the NVidia Reference card instead, love it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NVIDIA+...18720725742&skuId=6208848&st=NVidia&cp=1&lp=2

hello

i'm working with this card right now, when i'm doing a playback with adobe premiere, the frame just does nothing... is there a procedure to follow if the card is indeed being detected or have been installed properly? are there other film editors out there experiencing the same trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back