Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Intel graphics is an effective option.
After you've used this awhile and it keeps working as expected let me know and I could add this to post #1 for those staying with dual displays via HD4600 gfx. I'd like to know what DP cables or adapters you are using ? Mine are so wide at the DP end that I can barely even fit them both into the two DP outputs on my Dell. They are made by a company called Fosmon. The folks @Dell that designed this back panel didn't do much testing with 3rd party cables to see if they would fit or not.

0614191626.jpg

Last edited:
There are 2 1600x1200 monitors attached
Are those the old school CRT type monitors or are they at least LCD TFT ? Can't imagine how big and power hungry CRT monitors that large might be. I'm guessing they are Dell monitors from about 2006-7.

I haven't noticed a DP port/space issue with mine - no name on them.
Monitors - Sorry - 1920 x 1200 - Samsung SyncMaster SA850, HP E241i. Thats just me remembering my first big Eizo and getting distracted by love. and it seems that everything is working in normal use with a few reboots and forced sleeps but we'll see.

When I asked about formatting earlier it was about an issue that only shows when I run the Problem Reporting File script - it reports that it didnt find a clover instalation to report on and skips that bit.
Im fairly sure Ive done something wrong in the drive formatting or setting up of clover but just want confirmation before trying to discover what.

Does the PR script run on a setup where there is a normal ssd as the clover drive and the pci based drive as OSX?

Last edited:
When I asked about formatting earlier it was about an issue that only shows when I run the Problem Reporting File script - it reports that it didnt find a clover instalation to report on and skips that bit. Does the PR script run on a setup where there is a normal ssd as the clover drive and the pci based drive as OSX. Im fairly sure Ive done something wrong in the drive formatting or setting up of clover but just want confirmation before trying to discover what.
Not sure whether that script will work with your setup. You can always simply zip up your Clover folder and add it to the other PR files it does give you. Any time you make a GPT drive in Disk Utility it creates the 200MB EFI partition so that shouldn't be the issue.

As an experiment, copy the EFI folder of your SSD drive to the EFI partition of your NVMe then run the script on the NVMe and see if it works. Delete the NVMe EFI folder after you are done.

Last edited:
PR files for a working well - 14,3 Sysdef - Intel GPU Only, Dual monitor with PCIe Drive setup.

Created by first coping over EFI /Clover /Boot to other drive as suggested. No problems reported in generating the reports. Then deleted the folders just copied over, leaving it as it was.

Attachments

• debug_9998.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
  • Bios settings.txt
    523 bytes · Views: 87
Last edited:
PR files for a 14,3 Sys def Intel Only dual monitor setup, created by first coping over EFI /Clover /Boot to other drive as suggested. No problems reported in generating the reports. Then deleted the folders just copied over, leaving it as it was.
Nice. It works. What are some of the remaining issues ? Sleep wake is ok ? Dual monitors work. Speedstep and CPU PM work without PluginType=True correct ? Are you getting full USB 3 speeds from those 4 ports ?

Last edited:
Hey guys, can I get some help with graphics? I'm getting output, but I can't seem to get full 4k60hz on Intel 4600(only 2560x1440). I've got intel selected in the bios. Also, I have an AMD WX 2100 that I cannot get to work right. I can get 4k on that(again, not at 60hz), but it only works when Auto or Intel is selected in the BIOS. I followed this guide here through step 4 for the WX 2100. WX 2100 appears to be a supported card based on this mojave GPU buyer's guide here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you kidding me ? What we been doing this past week. Its done.
Cheers Nick, you're my #1 beta tester for all of my guides and User Builds. Thanks for all of your work on this.

Back