Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Having problems with waking from sleep on the A12 BIOS and Intel graphics. Machine seems to wake but monitor fails to receive signal. Is it working for others?

Having problems with waking from sleep on the A12 BIOS and Intel graphics. Machine seems to wake but monitor fails to receive signal. Is it working for others?
I'm using a newer BIOS than A12 with the same thing occurring. May require a darkwake boot flag or some other fix. Haven't looked into it yet. Maybe experiment with darkwake and see if it works.

I used your Optiplex 7010 guide, and it worked well. Thank you.

The thought of using Clover to enable the use of NVMe boot drives on older Optiplexes appeals to me, and I've just implemented that on several Windows machines. While I may buy a 7020/9020 to implement this project, I was wondering if there would be any big impediments to implementing the use of an NVMe drive on the Optiplex 7010 instead. For instance,
would there be a problem with iMessage because there is no Apple equivalent of such a machine? Thanks for any insights you have on this.

@OlderFogie Just in case you missed it and to be clear - the boot drive can't be NVMe, the boot UEFI partition must be on a SATA or USB drive because these BIOS' cant boot from PCI devices; at least in the 7010, and I think that's the same on the 7020. Only once Clover has done its bit can the OS be loaded from the NVMe drive. This is unlikely to slow the boot process down by any appreciable amount but you will need a boot device separate from the NVMe.

Last edited:
Having the same wake from sleep issues on my 7020 i-5 A17 bios.

Having the same wake from sleep issues on my 7020 i-5 A17 bios.
If anybody is NOT having this "monitor not waking from sleep" issue using the integrated graphcics on a 7020/9020 - Please post your problem reporting files.:)

Last edited:
Some progress on CPU stepping and Sleep but didnt use anything in acpi/patched so may have lost some functionality. but see EDIT

Attached PR Files used with;

BIOS - Legacy ROM Options Ticked,
No Files in acpi/patched, - see EDIT
only fakeSMC in Clover/patched, and
all other ketxs in Library/Extensions

seems to get sleep and stepping working right on SFF Dell 7020, i5 4440, using integrated graphics. Be nice if somebody could test. If anybody knows what the original files in /acpi/patched do, could they point me to where I might learn about them.

Problem reporting files for a minimal working system attached. The Intention is to put back the other stuff until something breaks.

EDIT: Putting Stuff back

1. Restoring the ACPI section in CC to trs96 original config breaks Speedstep - unchecking PluginType brings it back. Looks like most but maybe not all steps are being used.
2. Removed SSDT-DEHCI from /clover/acpi/patched - it seemed to be stopping the usb's working on boot
Edit - It needed USBInjectAll which wasnt installed - installed it - all A1

Suggesting -
Uncheck PluginType, and
Remove SSDT-DEHCI from /clover/acpi/patched - EDIT:No see edit above

I may test to see if it is generating all the steps but I dont know what DEHCI does or whether it needs fixing or just leaving out.

note:The debug3813 and AmendedConfi files relate to earlier state during testing, and the 27033 file relates to this build with the two changes shown.

Attachments

• debug_3813.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 130
  • AmendedConfig.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 124
  • debug_27033.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
@OlderFogie Just in case you missed it and to be clear - the boot drive can't be NVMe, the boot UEFI partition must be on a SATA or USB drive because these BIOS' cant boot from PCI devices; at least in the 7010, and I think that's the same on the 7020. Only once Clover has done its bit can the OS be loaded from the NVMe drive. This is unlikely to slow the boot process down by any appreciable amount but you will need a boot device separate from the NVMe.

Thank you for your interest. Yes, I know a separate boot drive is needed; I've set up three Windows machines to do this

Many people already use an NVMe on their 7010 with success.

Should not cause any problems.

Thanks for the reply; I'll do either the 7020 or 7010 within a couple weeks.

Back