Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

@MrTree Glad you got it working. Take a look at those entries in the Config.plist in the alternative thread

@nicksoph I did look at those entries. Here's what the Config.plist attached to your thread has for ALC280:

<key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x1b,0)</key>
<dict>
<key>#Comment</key>
<string>Realtek ALC280 Audio Configuration</string>
<key>hda-gfx</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
<key>layout-id</key>
<integer>13</integer>
</dict>

Which is what I modified with "No-hda-gfx" etc.

Am I missing something?

I upgraded to 10.15.4 Supplemental and lost all HiDPI 4K settings again, and cannot get them back.

I upgraded Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC in the EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory, and removed them from /L/E and didn't help. I then tried installing the latest of all 3 back to /L/E and fixed permissions using Kext Utility, no help. I also tried setting Clover InjectKexts=Yes -- still no luck.

I am 100% WhateverGreen is not loading. HD4600 graphics. How can I ensure WhateverGreen loads and how do I make sure it does load?

I then tried installing the latest of all 3 back to /L/E and fixed permissions using KextUtility, no help.

You should only keep kexts in the kexts/other folder, not in /L/E/.

Here's why we should no longer put our kexts into /L/E folder:

Am I missing something?
There are other differences between the config.plists and I thnk in that section - sorry not to be specific but not looked very recently but Ive pointed them out in the past - Graphics Inject Intel platform ID comes to mind.

What do you think of a Nvidia GT 730?
How will you be using it ? Note that it's not really good for gaming other than maybe some non-demanding E-Sports titles. We also don't know yet if it will have support past 10.15 either.

How will you be using it ? Note that it's not really good for gaming other than maybe some non-demanding E-Sports titles. We also don't know yet if it will have support past 10.15 either.
I know it’s no fast... I’m looking for an alternative to HD4600 suitable for some light gaming. Possibly under 100 dollars. In Europe cards are much more expensive, even used ones. I was after a Rx 560 but it’s not so cheap and then I have the pci x4 slot already occupied by a fenvi FV-HB12000.
Any real alternative to 710/730 with more power would be welcome!

Back