Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

@Daneland if you are booting from an ssd but loading OSX from a NVMe drive - copy the EFI folder from the SSD to the EFI partition on the NVMe drive and then run the Problem Reporting script.
I dont have a NVMe drive. I have 4 drives (SSD MacOS and boot drive), Win10, TimeMachine, Storage

The only thing that looks out of order is this 1WEG 2 .kext you have.

Screen Shot 22.jpg

I was creating my UniBeast installer for Catalina last night per the documentation. After I copied MultiBeast to the USB installer and ejected it, I came to this instruction:
"Once creation of the UniBeast installer has completed, you will need to replace the UniBeast created config.plist with the custom one attached below. Do this before ejecting the UniBeast installer or you'll have to mount the EFI manually later."
Oooops.
This means I should erase the USB drive again, repeat the installer creation process, and NOT EJECT until after I have swapped config.plists - correct?
Thank you all for you patience and help.

This means I should erase the USB drive again, repeat the installer creation process, and NOT EJECT until after I have swapped config.plists - correct?
No, you don't have to recreate the installer. Just mount the EFI partition, use Clover Configurator or EFI mounter app. Then move the .plist to the USB.

Thank you for the wonderful guide. It worked perfectly for me on my 9020.

Though I am facing an irritating and recurring issue. At times the display does not turn back on from sleep. There is a trigger in the display and I can hear the keys in the background, but the display does not turn on.

BUT, if I replug-in the monitor cable, the display seems to start working again.

I'm quite confused as to what could be the issue.

This ONLY happens sometimes, maybe 1 in 10 times, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

@sibot Cabling is sometimes an issue -using DP to DP connectors is significant to monitor wake ups. Check your BIOS settings for Graphics and Legacy BIOS are in accordance with this thread. If none of that works you might try adding or removing

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AwAiDQ==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
EgQAAA==
</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>hda-gfx</key>
<string>onboard-1</string>
</dict>
which sets up the onboard graphics and this may either help or interfere with sleep

Last edited:
@sibot Cabling is sometimes an issue -using DP to DP connectors is significant to monitor wake ups. Check your BIOS settings for Graphics and Legacy BIOS are in accordance with this thread. If none of that works you might try adding or removing....

which sets up the onboard graphics and this may either help or interfere with sleep
Do you remove this from Devices/Properties in the config.plist for your system ? Does it improve wake from sleep ?

Do you remove this from Devices/Properties in the config.plist for your system ? Does it improve wake from sleep ?
No, its always been there for machines without an external GPU and it should be there, but when using an external gpu I have had builds (one of the nvdia cards) where removing helped waking.

I think it was one of the things that was different between this and the alternative build but I might be misremembering.

Did not make any difference. When it fails to boot ( actually boots but like the sleep issue HDMI output stops) if I plug DP cable it works( without booting from beginning). I dont know perhaps it gives a clue
I tried different boot options, legacy enable, multi display, auto etc, nothing helps. Is there anything you can think of ?

Solved
Used Hackintool to install Lillu and WG Kexts to Extensions folder and now I can boot from 570

Last edited:
Back