Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Can you share your extra files? Wouldn't mind doing a quick test.
Also it sounds like the USB BT dongle needs to be in a specific port when using your files?

Yes, just a reminder this is for the SFF version with a native WiFi/BT card connected to a pcie adapter which normally requires a connection to an internal USB 2.0 header. Since the SFF doesn't have one I bought an external USB header adapter and routed the cable to the inside of the case.

My specific USB configuration requires you to plug the USB header adapter into the port directly below the ethernet port.

In any other situation, this is probably not useful. If you want to change the config, Hackintool USB section has some good help files.

I have attached my complete kexts and ssdt folders.

Attachments

• 9020sffkextsssdt.zip
    378.8 KB · Views: 71
Yes, just a reminder this is for the SFF version with a native WiFi/BT card connected to a pcie adapter which normally requires a connection to an internal USB 2.0 header. Since the SFF doesn't have one I bought an external USB header adapter and routed the cable to the inside of the case.

My specific USB configuration requires you to plug the USB header adapter into the port directly below the ethernet port.

In any other situation, this is probably not useful. If you want to change the config, Hackintool USB section has some good help files.

That is exactly my config.
My system is good but USB can be dodgy sometimes and BT can be a bit flaky.
I want to build specific files for my machine some time, but for now this is worth a test.
Thanks

Guess I'll have to make my own patches, for some reason when I used your files my USB devices all pretty much stopped working, even a USB keyboard wouldn't work. So I've had to revert to the original files.
Thanks anyway

@chuckw
It's really weird, when I use your files, the ports don't match up at all; e.g., the port you are using for BT (under Ethernet port) and have marked as internal, shows as external on mine under hackintool.
Maybe its BIOS specific?
I'm on A25 or whatever the newest one is.
My ports don't appear to match the ones provided in this guide either tho... so yeah I'll just have to stop being lazy and build my own USB patches SSDTs, etc.

Got my Wifi BT card working tho, native BT is really nice, esp not having to plug in a USB keyboard to access Clover, etc...

Hi,
I've been using my hackintosh (in a Dell 9020) with default HD4600 graphic card, and Mojave 10.14.5. I use it for software dev stuffs (no need for advanced GPU). But I love to use 2 monitors.
If I boot my PC with just one monitor connected and then after boot completed, connect the second one, everything works ok. But I never was able to boot with 2 monitors connected.

I use this guide config.plist file.
I've tried to add a graphic bloc, like this:
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BootDisplay</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
        <key>Intel</key>
        <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
but without success.

Can someone help me with this issue?

But I love to use 2 monitors.
If you are using 1080p or 1440p monitors there is an easy fix.

Go to Clover Options then SMBIOS

screenshot0.png

Change iMac 14,2 to 14,3 and then boot with both monitors connected.
See if both will work. If they do you can change your SMBIOS permanently in
your Config.plist.

Note that you would need to redo your serial numbers with Clover Configurator
as you would now have different version of the iMac.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 2.23.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Change iMac 14,2 to 14,3 and then boot with both monitors connected.

I did that, but not on boot screen. I change the SMBIOS from 14,2 to 14,3 directly in my config.plist file, and then rebooted. (did not redo the serial)

The problem persists. Just single monitor boots. But after the boot I can connect 2 monitors and they work.

I did that, but not on boot screen. I change the SMBIOS from 14,2 to 14,3 directly in my config.plist file, and then rebooted. (did not redo the serial)
The problem persists. Just single monitor boots. But after the boot I can connect 2 monitors and they work.
I think that @nicksoph may be able to help you with this as he uses HD4600 with dual monitors.

Just wanted to add that my SysDef is 15.1. I haven’t had a problem with dual monitors, on either Catalina Beta or Windows 10 pro. I’m not in front of my computer else I would upload my configplist.

Back