Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB at Newegg
This is selling for $170 right now with the current promo code. Best price, with no rebate to send in.
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-100411p8gocl/p/N82E16814202278

The promo code is EMCTBVA29 don't know if we'll ever see a price this low on a new one. The only downside to this card in the 7020/9020 MT is that the PCIe latch on top may have difficulty closing due to the plastic shroud.

Last edited:
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB at Newegg
This is selling for $170 right now with the current promo code. Best price, with no rebate to send in.
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-100411p8gocl/p/N82E16814202278

The promo code is EMCTBVA29 don't know if we'll ever see a price this low on a new one. The only downside to this card in the 7020/9020 MT is that the PCIe latch on top may have difficulty closing due to the plastic shroud.

View attachment 413926

Yes you need sort of an adjustment and GPU makes the area too tight around it. The guy who sold me 9020 did PSU swap and installed 570, thats what he did to sort it out. Not very cosmetically pleasing if you care about internal look of your computer but it is fully functional.

Yes you need sort of an adjustment and GPU makes the area too tight around it.
Would you also post a picture of the clearance for the Sata0 and Sata1 ports next to your card ? I'd like readers to see how that works as opposed to the 7010/9010 MT models.

Not very cosmetically pleasing if you care about internal look of your computer.
I'll look into finding another solution that doesn't require any cutting of plastic or drilling of holes into the metal of the case. There has to be some way that is a suitable compromise for this.

Would you also post a picture of the clearance for the Sata0 and Sata1 ports next to your card ? I'd like readers to see how that works as opposed to the 7010/9010 MT models.
The inside of my 9020 is a little bit messy. There are so much excess cable coming from PSU and the vendor placed them inside of one of the bays. Now all my 3 HDDs are stuck up each other. It is not a nice way doing it but I cnat think of another alternative.

You will need to spend some time to straighten out the cable mess in there. Airflow to keep things cool is the primary issue for your Graphics card and the hard drives. This is why it's best to do the upgrades yourself rather than relying on someone that won't take some time to do it correctly.

This is just not acceptable especially if you've paid someone to do this.

You will need to spend some time to straighten out the cable mess in there. Airflow to keep things cool is the primary issue for your Graphics card and the hard drives. This is why it's best to do the upgrades yourself rather than relying on someone that won't take some time to do it correctly.

View attachment 413996

This is just not acceptable especially if you've paid someone to do this.

I gave him my spec, and he built it. To be fair, it was a decent price £350 for i7+570 4GB+550W PSU+16GB RAM and 1 TB HDD.

How can I shorten cables ( braided cables) they are taking space of a drive bay. I have 3 HDDs, one of them will be replaced with SSD which is smaller. If I can make space for the other HDD, I might go for a USB caddy for the last one.

Last edited:
How can I shorten cables ( braided cables) they are taking space of a drive bay
It's a semi-modular PSU so there are some cables that can't be removed or shortened up. Those Corsair PSUs are designed for larger ATX cases. What I would do is put a HDD adapter into the open optical drive bay and install one of the 3.5" drives in there. A sata SSD would also fit in there too.

The PSU cables can be tied down somewhere out of the way. Take one cable at a time, look at your options and use zip ties to place them where they'd block the least amount of air flow. I would also add a fan in the front of the case to pull air in. Really a good idea with a gfx card like the RX 570 installed. Use some velcro and put a 90mm fan in the front. There are small openings for air to enter there.

Last edited:
I was just looking at my 7020 SFF motherboard more closely and found that the end of x4 PCIe slot is open. So it would be possible to put a card like the RX560 LP by MSI (dual slot) in one of these SFFs. You might lose a few FPS in games but other than that it won't make much difference. This is an option I thought you might like to know about if you want AMD graphics in your SFF instead of Nvidia.

My Dell 9020 SFF arrived over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at how small it is, smaller than I thought. And for a $40 barebone it’s in extremely good condition, no sign of dust or broken plastic bits. Really easy to open up and get inside with neat sliding plastic locks and hinges on the case. Happy days!.

F6BEFA4D-09B0-4728-8732-29FC7357DA04.jpeg

20307791-9F9F-4494-B4BB-FCEE0614A2E7.jpeg

9FF5A5B7-977C-4020-B27F-B2EE097BDA33.jpeg

Back