Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

The folder “Documents” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.
this message when I try to reach them.
I'm certain you should be able to change the permissions for the folders you want to access. Follow these steps:

NOTE to all MT owners

I've patched the USB SSDT for the onboard 9 pin USB 2.0 header that only exists on the MT motherboard, not the SFF.
So if you have the MT version of the 7020 or 9020 you should use the newest one attached below. Then your USB 2.0 header will work. Delete the old one from ACPI/patched and add this one to that folder inside your Clover folder.

This has also been included in the SSDTs folder attached to post #1. If you are using the SFF or a smaller Optiplex then just stay with what you've got already.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.zip
    734 bytes · Views: 57
Last edited:
I'm certain you should be able to change the permissions for the folders you want to access. Follow these steps:

View attachment 413655View attachment 413656
I cant chose Read&Write , I mean drop down menu opens and I click it but it does not change it.

There are a few more issues I have experienced but I will wait a few days before I report them. Sometimes a glitch causes a random problem. If they persist, I will report them.

I mean drop down menu opens and I click it but it does not change it.
Do you still have your Mojave drive from the HP 8300 ? You can connect that via sata or USB and access all the folders on that.

Do you still have your Mojave drive from the HP 8300 ? You can connect that via sata or USB and access all the folders on that.
I will find a way. not a major issue, documents and desktop is on icloud drive.I can access them , it is good enough for now.But when I open the case I will try what you said.

I was hoping BT will be better than ASUS USB, but it is as temperamental as it is. Keyboard Lag (literally 2-3 seconds), disconnections. But all random. Perhaps my mouse and keyboard are faulty, in the end they are 9 years old....

Perhaps my mouse and keyboard are faulty, in the end they are 9 years old..
If the USB dongle works better just use that instead. You can simply unplug the USB 2.0 cable to the internal WIFI /BT card and use the dongle. You can always plug the USB into a USB extender cable to make it closer to the mouse and keyboard if range is a problem. The PCIe wifi card you bought uses a Macbook Air Broadcom card. So the range is not more than probably 6 feet. The FV-T919 BT range is the best but that card costs more than 2x as much money.

Last edited:
If the USB dongle works better just use that instead. You can simply unplug the USB 2.0 cable to the internal WIFI /BT card and use the dongle. You can always plug the USB into a USB extender cable to make it closer to the mouse and keyboard if range is a problem. The PCIe wifi card you bought uses a Macbook Air Broadcom card. So the range is not more than probably 6 feet. The FV-T919 BT range is the best but that card costs more than 2x as much money.
I don t think that it is a range issue. It is bizarre, now they function perfect but 30 minutes ago there was all disconnecting and connecting, sticking keys. Other funny thing, either mouse or keyboard goes wrong, never ever together. I can replace the keyboard and I will not miss Apple Keyboard but Magic mouse swipe, tapping features are so nice to have.
Anyways, I can live with it. In the end for £350 all this not too bad:)

I'm looking forward to getting mine after reading through this guide. I found a 9020 SFF Barebone, (No CPU, RAM or HDD) on eBay for $39.99 with free shipping. The seller has 99.6% positive feedback score, so seems reliable.
As a follow up on this, the same seller on Ebay.com has the barebones 9020 MT for sale for $55 and they do accept offers. Shipping is free in the continental US. I'm sure it costs well over $20 to ship these anywhere via UPS. Have a look. If you already have a Haswell i5 or i7 and some DDR3 1600 ram this is a no-brainer. Usually just a 9020 MT motherboard will cost over $30. As of today 15 are available. Seller's website: https://techmartllc.com/desktops/

Last edited:
@trs96 I tried new SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 still no option to select 4K still 1440p.

@Daneland Are you logged in with an admin account? If not then try logging in with admin account, and retry what you did. chown is the Terminal command that will change the owner of the files, and the owner has the rights to give access permissions - take a look at that if nothing else works. Bluetooth - An Apple card on adapter seems to be the best way but is more expensive. I have just ordered the same card as you to try and see if there is any way to get full functionality out of a cheaper card but not feeling confident. I suspect that the issues will be - power saving and getting two devices connected at the same time.

Back