Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

My concern is also that using scaling ...
Ive run 2 4k monitors from the 4600 at 2x scalling but my needs were not very demanding (Office 365 & VS Code) it was fine but you will need to judge your own use.

Ive run 2 4k monitors from the 4600 at 2x scalling but my needs were not very demanding (Office 365 & VS Code) it was fine but you will need to judge your own use.
Thank you! that's quite helpful actually :)

Got a doubt regarding the Wifi/BT. On the guide it says that you can't use the Fenvi 919 on the SFF because it lacks the USB header in the motherboard, but yet the BCM94360CS2 + PCI adapter recommended also comes with an USB header. I'm guessing you don't need to connect it in order to make it work, but just wanted to ask. Curious why btw!

Got a doubt regarding the Wifi/BT. On the guide it says that you can't use the Fenvi 919 on the SFF because it lacks the USB header in the motherboard, but yet the BCM94360CS2 + PCI adapter recommended also comes with an USB header. I'm guessing you don't need to connect it in order to make it work, but just wanted to ask. Curious why btw!

All the adapters Ive seen/used needed the USB for the BT to work, otherwise only the wi-fi will work.
The SFF doesnt have an internal header, but you can just route a cable out the back of the case (that's what I did).
The Other form factors may have an internal BT header??

I think the reason the Fenvi is mini tower only is due to the slot size, the BCM option comes with both full and half back plate adapters so they will physically fit in the case. I believe they will both need a USB connection for BT to work.

All the adapters Ive seen/used needed the USB for the BT to work, otherwise only the wi-fi will work.
The SFF doesnt have an internal header, but you can just route a cable out the back of the case (that's what I did).
The Other form factors may have an internal BT header??

I think the reason the Fenvi is mini tower only is due to the slot size, the BCM option comes with both full and half back plate adapters so they will physically fit in the case. I believe they will both need a USB connection for BT to work.
Umm okay, then the Fenvi 919 should also work but the guide explicitly says it's only for Mid-tower. I guess I need to buy one of those USB cables (any idea of the name? – I'm only finding or either external USB or internal header, but not a combination)

Umm okay, then the Fenvi 919 should also work but the guide explicitly says it's only for Mid-tower. I guess I need to buy one of those USB cables (any idea of the name? – I'm only finding or either external USB or internal header, but not a combination)
The problem with the T919 and the SFF is the four antennae. You'd have to remove the one on top and buy a separate LP bracket to make it fit in the SFF. It's just not the best way to get wifi and BT in the SFF model. The BCM94360CS2 comes with a LP bracket and fits with no mods required. Costs less and even has a hole in the bracket to route the USB cable through. That's the better choice IMO. The 94360CS2 is a little slower but other than that everything works OOB natively just like the T919.

Attachments

• 1569410207504.jpeg
    1569410207504.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 44
The problem with the T919 and the SFF is the four antennae. You'd have to remove the one on top and buy a separate LP bracket to make it fit in the SFF. It's just not the best way to get wifi and BT in the SFF model. The BCM94360CS2 comes with a LP bracket and fits with no mods required. Costs less and even has a hole in the bracket to route the USB cable through. That's the better choice IMO. The 94360CS2 is a little slower but other than that everything works OOB natively just like the T919.
Thanks so much! I've bought both the Optiplex 9020 SFF and the BCM94360CS2 card that is suggested. Will report back once everything arrives.

Looks like this is the cable I will need, right? I'm unable to find a cable that has correct connection to use it from the BCM card to a regular USB Type-A on the back.
HTB1oCHQGVXXXXXmaXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

Edit: I guess I can also get one of these
510DSDg5sdL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
The BT/Wifi card comes with a 2 wire cable which you need to connect to an external usb but comes fitted with an internal usb connector - If you can join 2 pairs of wire together, the cheapest option is to take the plug end of a standard usb cable and take two of the wires in it (green/white) and join them to the two wires that the are in the cable the card comes with. There will be a youtube vid on it. It is just two wires here because the power comes from the pci card and not thru the usb port.

Last edited:
The BT/Wifi card comes with a 2 wire cable which you need to connect to an external usb but comes fitted with an internal usb connector - If you can join 2 pairs of wire together, the cheapest option is to take the plug end of a standard usb cable and take two of the wires in it (green/white) and join them to the two wires that the are in the cable the card comes with. There will be a youtube vid on it. It is just two wires here because the power comes from the pci card and not thru the usb port.
Got it! That should be easy. Thanks <3

Back