Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

That’ll be me later!.....
Oh dear!, I don’t think my 9020 likes the 7,1 sys def, I’ll unbrick it in the morning. Though I did have the dual monitors at 2K with my 15,1 sys def. though admittedly it does look letter boxed on the SyncMaster.
I think it's probably related to USB differences between the iMac 2013/14 and the 2014 mac mini. The mac mini would need a whole new USB-SSDT to work properly. Remember you should always test a new SMBIOS by changing it in Clover Options first, then it's easy to revert back. The other drawback of Mac mini 7,1 is that they used only dual core laptop CPUs and not the desktop class Haswell CPUs that the iMacs did.

Last edited:
Remember you should always test a new SMBIOS by changing it in Clover Options first, then it's easy to revert back.
Thanks @trs96!. I un-bricked my 9020. So here's something interesting!, rotating the SyncMaster display by 90 degrees, my preferred dual monitor setup on this machine. Opening Display preferences says the SyncMaster is now an iMac display, also, it's now my desktop and main display!?. Swapping the DP ports didn't make a difference, but I like it!.

IMG_0739.JPG
Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 10.56.31 AM.png

Last edited:
Would somebody, who is having black screen issues, take a look here and maybe try setting their Clover resolution settings to the wrong settings as in the example.

Making Complete Backups and Clones of your Hackintosh
I don't need to reiterate how important this is once you've got your hack just the way you want it. See the following two links for the various paid and free options you have available to complete these tasks. If having regular up to date backups and clones of your system are important, definitely get the paid version of Acronis. Make a PC/hackintosh bootable USB drive.

Purchase Acronis True Image for PC and Clone your hackintosh system drive - Paid

How to make a bootable backup for Free

System requirements

Supported operating systems:
  • macOS Mojave 10.14
  • macOS High Sierra 10.13
  • macOS Sierra 10.12
  • OS X El Capitan 10.11
Supported file systems:
  • Apple File System (APFS)
  • HFS+
  • Core Storage
  • FAT32
  • NTFS

Last edited:
Hi,

I am a newbie, I follow the guide, but there is no option to install Mojave from the Clover boot screen. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Hi,

I am a newbie, I follow the guide, but there is no option to install Mojave from the Clover boot screen. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

You need to provide more info!. what cpu are you using?, what graphics card are using?, what storage media are you using?. Without providing more information we are unable to help you. BTW Nvidia cards are not compatible with Mojave.

You need to provide more info!. what cpu are you using?, what graphics card are using?, what storage media are you using?. Without providing more information we are unable to help you. BTW Nvidia cards are not compatible with Mojave.
Thanks for your response. My machine has

CPU: i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHZ
Mainboard: Dell 0PC5F7
Memory: 28GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 645
Media Storage: LITEON IT LCS-128L9S 128 GB, Seagate 1 TB, HP EX900 256 GB (PCI Express)

Memory: 28GB DDR3
Why do you have 28GB of ram installed ? 4 x 8GB =32GB or 4 x 4GB =16GB so 28 doesn't compute. I wouldn't have a 4Gb DIMM mixed in with 3 8GB DIMMs. They could also be different speeds and timings.

Try the install with just one or two DIMMs of ram or just install the 4Gb module by itself for the install.

You could also try the install with the GTX 645 removed and use the HD4600 Intel gfx instead. If you are going to install to your EX900 you must have the NVME driver in the Drivers64UEFI folder inside (Clover folder) on your USB installer or it won't work.

The NvmExpressDXE-64 driver is attached at the end of post #1.

Important Note:
During post install you must install Clover to the EFI partition of your 1TB seagate drive, not the NVMe. You will also need to add the NvmExpressDXE driver there as well for booting from NVMeE to work post install. So when running MultiBeast you'll need to direct it to the 1TB mechanical drive.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will test it out and update the result. BTW I have 4 slots of RAM (4 , 8, 8, 8 )

I took out the two 8 and 4, also take out the PCI Express (HP 250 GB). I can install successfully. However, I can't change the volume from the keyboard and also the volume can't change from sound reference setting either

Last edited:
Back