Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

"/var/vm/sleepimage" is a directory.
"sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage" causes errors.
Should "sudo rm -r /var/vm/sleepimage" be used with the recursive option instead ?

OK, Masters of this 9020 Hackintosh Universe.....I have my system all set up. dual boot with two SSD's first SSD has Clover and macOS Mojave and second has windows 10. If I plug monitor into onboard display port, I get the BIOS menu or Clover if I please. If I hook monitor to my RX 580, I get blank screen then a boot straight into macOS after a few seconds. How do I get my RX 580 to act properly. It won't even show BIOS start up screen. If I hit f2 on keyboard, it just sits at a blank screen while monitor plugged into RX 580....

If I hook monitor to my RX 580, I get blank screen then a boot straight into macOS after a few seconds. How do I get my RX 580 to act properly. It won't even show BIOS start up screen. If I hit f2 on keyboard, it just sits at a blank screen while monitor plugged into RX 580....
Have you tried each of the various outputs on the RX 580 ? Some will work some won't.

Yes, I've tried all combinations. My dual monitor setup to my HDMI surround sound receiver works best when main monitor is first DP on the RX 580 and second monitor is bottom DP on motherboard out to receiver.

Yes, I've tried all combinations. My dual monitor setup to my HDMI surround sound receiver works best when main monitor is first DP on the RX 580 and second monitor is bottom DP on motherboard out to receiver.
Which brand of RX 580 ? Is it XFX ?

MSI Armor Radeon RX 580 8GB

MSI Armor Radeon RX 580 8GB
I've never seen this problem with Gigabyte or Sapphire brand AMD cards. I haven't used the MSI variant. Haven't seen anyone else with that MSI report the problem. If you boot from the UniBeast USB does the same thing happen ? Also you might try using just the 580 for monitors and not the Intel iGPU and see if that make a difference.

I tried just the RX 580 at first, but I couldn't get second monitor working right because it's touchy being that it's a receiver that outputs to a projector. I got it working, like I said, with using motherboard DP. I know that exact problem is unique to me and not that high up in priority, but not being able to get to Clover menu or BIOS while hooked to RX 580 is a bummer.

Microphone is unfortunately also not working (both jacks works on Windows) :( On Hackintosh, the connected port gives only low noise.
Please excuse me, I still have to read how to report properly especially in order to get all USB 3 working.

@trs96

Hi there! First off, I just wanted to say thank you for the awesome guide. I've been reading through this thread for a while and there's a couple of questions I have that I was hoping you might be able to help me with. I've already purchased a Dell 9020 SFF computer and am awaiting arrival and trying to finish ordering parts.

1. Performance wise - will I get better overall performance from:

A) MSI LP 560 4GB card in the X4 slot + Samsung NVMe drive in the X16 slot with adapter

B) AMD WX 4100 in the X16 slot + Samsung NVMe drive in the X4 slot with adapter

I realize either one will have a performance penalty but am not sure which (GPU or NVMe) would suffer less.

2. Wireless Connection - as both PCI-E slots will be taken, I've looked at USB options, and was wondering if anybody had any opinions on the TP-Link / Archer T9UH.

Thanks in advance and let me know if there's any other information needed that I did not include.

Last edited:
Back