Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

I can't seem to get full 4k60hz on Intel 4600(only 2560x1440).
First thing to check is what your cable is rated at. It must be at least DP 1.2 and be fast enough for 4K @ 60Hz. Is it a straight DP to DP cable or are you adapting to HDMI 2.0 ? Do you have a link to where you bought it at ?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

Last edited:
Except...
Bottom 2 of the Rear USB Tower of 4 are now only USB2.
EDIT: Fixed missing USBInjectAll.kext and new PR files placed in earlier post

Last edited:
Yes working - but only at 'some point' for certain. Ill check port numbers and get back.

Yes working - but only at 'some point' for certain. Ill check port numbers and get back.
You can open up Ioreg and then insert a USB 3.0 device into those two ports. Save and zip up the Ioreg and I'll see if they work or not.

First I checked it was as it should be - it wasn't - installed usbinjectall.kext into /L/E and they are back. Are we there yet?

Lovely machine it's been good trying things out and thank you.

Except...
Do we really need a usbinjectall.kext ? Is it one of those things that makes it easy but less good?

Except...
Do we really need a usbinjectall.kext ? Is it one of those things that makes it easy but less good?
Yes, when using SSDT-USB to enable all the ports at correct speeds, USB Injectall kext must be in L/E or it won't work.

First thing to check is what your cable is rated at. It must be at least DP 1.2 and be fast enough for 4K @ 60Hz. Is it a straight DP to DP cable or are you adapting to HDMI 2.0 ? Do you have a link to where you bought it at ?

View attachment 411274 https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

I can without a doubt confirm my cables and all adapters are rated correctly. I use them on my windows box in 4k@60Hz as well as on a MacBook Pro. I have tried both straight DP to DP and DP to HDMI (active 2.0) adapter without luck.

I can without a doubt confirm my cables and all adapters are rated correctly. I use them on my windows box in 4k@60Hz as well as on a MacBook Pro. I have tried both straight DP to DP and DP to HDMI (active 2.0) adapter without luck.
Try this app and then go to System Prefs -> Displays and see if you can find the 4K - 3840 x 2160 setting.

Last edited:
Back