Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Need a RAM Upgrade ?
A new 16GB DDR3 RAM kit (2 x 8GB) is selling for $28 on Amazon right now. Why take a chance on used RAM ? The 8GB kit sells for $26. Don't bother buying that. More V is usually always better. The max you can install in the SFF or MT is 32GB. So you can add a 2nd kit later on and fill up all four slots. The USFF maxes out at 16GB.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Update: 16GB price is now down to $26.99. One dollar more than the 8GB kit. Easy choice. Spend the dollar.

Screen Shot 25.jpg

Last edited:
Monitor Upgrade
If you want a Mac Like Retina experience from your CustoMac this is the best choice in my opinion.
It's a 2K monitor so you can run it at it's native resolution. Has DP input which is what a Mac/Hack likes best.
The price is reduced to less than all 27" 4K monitors that you have to scale, use HiDPI mode. Unless you have vision like Superman, you won't be able to read text at a 4K resolution.

You might be able to find an older 27" Cinema 1440p Mac display for 200-300 dollars but the colors on that won't look as good as this does.

1671013334389.png

On sale at Amazon.com for $225. If you want accurate colors and sharp text, you can't do better than this.

Last edited:
Here's an app you can use to do some fine tuning of your monitor:

The app is compatible with all Intel Macs running macOS Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.

is this card suitable to dell optiplex 9020 MT as it is working with Ventura
Looks OK. Did you upgrade the PSU in your MT ? How many watts ?

I am using the orginal one came with computer.
That's only rated 290W and you need one that's at least 450W with a 8 pin power connector for the graphics card. There is no 8 pin power from the Dell PSU.

Back