Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Last edited:
Noobie question: Terminal asks for a password before running the Installer Creation Script on my thumb drive. I thought it wanted my computer password, but no text was accepted at all. A key icon shows at the end of the line.
Working in Safari.
What have I missed? Or done wrong? Do I need to create a password somewhere for Terminal?

Noobie question: Terminal asks for a password before running the Installer Creation Script on my thumb drive. I thought it wanted my computer password, but no text was accepted at all. A key icon shows at the end of the line.
Working in Safari.
What have I missed? Or done wrong? Do I need to create a password somewhere for Terminal?
it is your login password, you will not see any movement of the cursor, this is normal

it is your login password, you will not see any movement of the cursor, this is normal
On the fourth try it accepted my computer login.
Now it wants to erase the Installer thumb drive. Is this normal?

I'm sorry, but I guess it's my day to need guidance. Still working on the Installer.

"Next, you will download the 0.6.9 OC EFI and place it into the EFI partition of the USB installer you just made.
"1. Use EFI agent or Hackintool to mount the USB's EFI partition. https://github.com/headkaze/EFI-Agent"

The contents of the EFI-Agent folder appear to be text documents. Does one of these need to be pasted into Terminal, or have I missed an application somewhere?

I'm sorry, but I guess it's my day to need guidance. Still working on the Installer.

"Next, you will download the 0.6.9 OC EFI and place it into the EFI partition of the USB installer you just made.
"1. Use EFI agent or Hackintool to mount the USB's EFI partition. https://github.com/headkaze/EFI-Agent"

The contents of the EFI-Agent folder appear to be text documents. Does one of these need to be pasted into Terminal, or have I missed an application somewhere?
the efi is a folder with 2 folders inside and various files in those folders

it needs to be copied to the efi partition of what you want to boot from, assuming your usb stick?

if you download hackintool or efi agent, you can use either of those tools to mount the hidden efi partition to then copy the efi folder into the efi partition

"if you download hackintool or efi agent, you can use either of those tools to mount the hidden efi partition to then copy the efi folder into the efi partition"
MacOS won't allow HackinTool to open, claims HackinTool can't be checked for vireo or malicious code, and needs to be updated. Yechh.
I've copied EFI Agent to the Installer USB stick. Is this the EFI partition?
The Parent Stick is named 'Install macOS Catalina'. The subsidiary volume is named 'USB', as shown in the installation instructions, but it is not visible inside the Parent Stick.
What do I do to activate EFI Agent to proceed?
And let me thank you for your assistance. I'm a technical writer, professionally, but I'm not doing too well at following what I infer are clear instructions to most users.

"if you download hackintool or efi agent, you can use either of those tools to mount the hidden efi partition to then copy the efi folder into the efi partition"
MacOS won't allow HackinTool to open, claims HackinTool can't be checked for vireo or malicious code, and needs to be updated. Yechh.
I've copied EFI Agent to the Installer USB stick. Is this the EFI partition?
The Parent Stick is named 'Install macOS Catalina'. The subsidiary volume is named 'USB', as shown in the installation instructions, but it is not visible inside the Parent Stick.
What do I do to activate EFI Agent to proceed?
And let me thank you for your assistance. I'm a technical writer, professionally, but I'm not doing too well at following what I infer are clear instructions to most users.
no, you open the program efi agent to then use it to mount your hidden efi partition, right click on it and choose open

I am missing something obvious, I guess. The folder 'EFI Agent' copied to my installer stick does not respond to a right-click.
Is one of these items inside the folder what I should right-click? None of them appears to be an application.

Attachments

• 1636326648527.png
    1636326648527.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 32
Back