Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Here's a very nice deal on a 7020 MT with 16GB of ram and a 512GB SSD. Rarely do you even get a 256GB SSD or more than 8GB of ram at this price. You can easily install anything from Mavericks through Big Sur on this hardware. Upgrade the PSU with a standard ATX model and even add a higher end graphics card if you need one.

Seller is SKYTECH LLC. Here's their seller ratings on Amazon for the last 12 months. They sell close to 200 refurbished PCs per month and have mostly positive reviews on all of them.
Screen Shot 3.jpg

They throw in a keyboard, mouse and wifi but not sure if the wifi is macOS compatible or not. This has to meet Amazon's renewed products requirements and you get 90 day return rights. Most Ebay sellers only give you 30 days. If you have a monitor, it's got everything you need to start out with your first hackintosh at a very affordable price. If you follow my guide, you can easily have a fully working hackintosh on the same day you receive it.

Easy to upgrade it later on. You can buy 7020 MT refurbs on Ebay for less but they are usually Grade B condition or worse. They'll have dings, dents scratches, dust, missing parts and most likely not even be cleaned prior to sale. Many will have worn out mechanical HDDs that are not even worth using. It's not a great experience and you pay for them with your own time to make it into a usable PC.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZDKM1YC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Screen Shot 2.jpg

Here's an Amazon review from last February:
I highly recommend these business-class computers.

Rugged like they'd have been if you were the only one ever involved in computer construction. Great price/performance ratio that seems unbeatable. With a 4th gen i5 quad Core, 512GB SSD and 16GB Ram, it's a rocket ship right out of the box. Just add the Graphics card of your choice and you've got a real contender. Make sure you check the power source though - some cards probably would require an upgrade which would be easy though since it's a standard atx part in intentionally upgrade-ready slot.

Did I mention the business class goes out of it's way encourage upgrades whereas the consumer models are sealed in configurations ridiculously hard to work with.
Note that the reviewer doesn't mention you'll need a 24 pin to 8 pin PSU power adapter when using a standard ATX PSU. These adapters can be found on Amazon too. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRKT7SH/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Hi all! There's quite a heatwave here in the north.

I've trying to figure out this card fully worked, but no luck. WiFi is working really nicely without any workaround, but not Bluetooth. I've got a replacement but it also has the same issue. Some customer reviews indicated the same issue so I guess this product has a quality issue, but I don't know.

REKONG macOS Continuity WiFi Upgrade 1.3Gbps AC BCM94360HMB Faster Than The Wired NIC AW-CB160H 1300Mbps 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 2.4Ghz 5Ghz Network Card Half Mini pcie Airdrop Handoff Card

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085T971HG/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Anyways, I think I should give up not spending too much time anymore. So, what WiFi+Bluetooth PCIe card do you folks recommend? I'd prefer rather PCIe to USB since I want to have access on boot (to enter BIOS or reset NVRAM etc.)

Any advice would be appreciated! I attached my EFI folder just for your reference.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 42
So, what WiFi+Bluetooth PCIe card do you folks recommend? I'd prefer rather PCIe to USB since I want to have access on boot (to enter BIOS or reset NVRAM etc.)
There's a complete Buyer's guide in post #1 at the beginning of this thread, start with that.
Check the "Other hardware Options" spoiler and you'll see:

Screen Shot.jpg

There's a complete Buyer's guide in post #1 at the beginning of this thread, start with that.
Check the "Other hardware Options" spoiler and you'll see:

View attachment 523451
Thank you! I overlooked that part. The seller on Newegg says FV-T919 fully works on Catalina, but do you know if FV-HB1200 does so?

hi guys,

it have been a while since my last build Z77N WIFI update to 10.12 but still running ;-))

Now I just get myself out of eBay a Dell Optiflex 9020MT i5 4590 @3.30 16GB RAM and SSD 1TB. No video card.

My main goal is to install Mojave as I still have some old 32 bits app. (eg: Sculptris)
But it would be also nice to be able to choose with other drives Windows HD, and more recent Mac OS SSD, but I don't know how to do that.

I follow strictly this tutorial (May 21 update), got myself a USB bootable with OpenCore, set the BIOS, boot on USB and everything is fine up to that screen.
View attachment boot screen 1.jpg

Tthen I type Command V for verbose (nothing happen, and yes it's a wired mac keyboard) and type Enter which lead me to the next screen before rebooting in loop.
View attachment bootscreen2.jpg

Could somebody push me in the right direction, as I am at a loss at the moment.

Windows 10 HD is disconnected and replaced with brand new 1 TB SSD (no other drive), I was expecting to format it with disk utility during install process, but not reach that point, could the SSD be the culprit ? Do I need to format it first ?

I type Command V for verbose (nothing happen, and yes it's a wired mac keyboard) and type Enter which lead me to the next screen before rebooting in loop.
You can add -v to your OC config.plist so you won't have to rely on the keyboard shortcut.
If you didn't boot into ModGrubshell.efi yet, try that and unlock CFG and set DVMT to 64MB. See if that helps.

@trs96 thank you, modgrubshell.efi did the trick,

installing now...

I ended up buying an FV-T919, not FV-HB1200 since that was the only option available at reasonable pricing in Canada. As everybody has reported already, it works out-of-the-box with no kexts. Bluetooth connection, especially with my Apple Magic Mouse, was badly interfered with, but it's been resolved when I relocate my Hackntosh.

If only someone would figure out a way to bypass those startup messages it would make everything so much better.
Interestingly, I have never got any fan issue error when I connect Rosewill 3 pin case fan via TeamProfitcom 5-Pin Female 4 Pin PWM Cooling Fan Power PC Fan Extension Adapter Cable.

Rosewill df1202512seln

TeamProfitcom 5-Pin Female 4 Pin PWM Cooling Fan Power PC Fan Extension Adapter Cable

However, once I replaced the fan with Arctic ACFAN00119A P12 PWM, I constantly get that error.

Arctic ACFAN00119A P12 PWM (Black) - Pressure-Optimized 120 mm Fan with PWM

Back