Contribute
Register

The 4K Dell OptiMac - 9020 MT - Core i7-4790 - Radeon RX 570 - LG 4K IPS Monitor

Yeah I am using a noctua NA-FC1 fan controller connected to the case fan header via a 5 to 4 pin cable.
Try taking that controller out of the loop and see if the BQ! fans still have the same issues.

So what are the benefits of switching from my working clover/mojave build to OC?
If Clover works fine for you now there's no reason to switch yet. Completely optional. Where it comes into play is for those that want to upgrade to Big Sur. Then it really makes no sense to keep using Clover for Big Sur and beyond with macOS 12.

Try taking that controller out of the loop and see if the BQ! fans still have the same issues.
I did try that, no change, i think they are just too slow to spin up. its a shame cause I have a bit of coil whine coming from one of the CM fans. Machine was much more quiet with all SW3 in there, just don't want to have to press F1 every start up!

just don't want to have to press F1 every start up!
If only someone would figure out a way to bypass those startup messages it would make everything so much better.

If Clover works fine for you now there's no reason to switch yet. Completely optional. Where it comes into play is for those that want to upgrade to Big Sur. Then it really makes no sense to keep using Clover for Big Sur and beyond with macOS 12.
Ok, I might try it some day for interest after making many backups of my efi folder etc first lol

I plan on testing one of these 4 pin Noctua fans that are even quieter. I don't think it will have any issues but I'll only know once it's tested.
View attachment 522919

These are excellent and go down to around 400/450rpm IIRC.

You should also go to /L/E and take a screenshot of the kexts you have there.

View attachment 522704

OK, I've done reset NVRAM, and Ethernet works again. Thanks so much. Now I'm trying to setup iCloud and iMsg since I've got eth0 back working again.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 12.59.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 12.59.16 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 1.03.16 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-27 at 1.03.16 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Here's the Harbin Repairs front I/O adapter installed with HDD LED and Front Audio cables connected. You can see clearly how much room you'll need in your case to make it fit. Any ATX case should be no problem. With an mATX you'll need to measure how much clearance there is between the bottom of the adapter and the PSU shroud of your case. If there is no shroud, it should fit in most mATX cases. A neat and tidy solution for a case swap. See the original post on this topic here.

20210629_071522.jpg

Note that I'm not using the USB 2.0 header because this case has no front USB 2.0. It can still be used for connecting other things inside your case such as a Wifi/BT PCIe card or whatever else you need it for.

The alternative to this is plugging in the original Dell case's front I/O. Not a neat and clean solution by any means. The main problem with using this is, how to access these audio and USB ports when they're inside the case ?

1624972169065.png

Last edited:
Back